45 Cdo Whisky Company Training in West Africa

Discussion in 'The Corps' started by finknottle, Oct 25, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. linky

That's a fine steely- eyed, square- jawed Royal kneeling below the Huey.

Very disappointing that the RN's principle website failed to call them Royal Marines.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
  2. Where does it fail to call them Royal Marines, or is it the fact they use the word Marine without the Royal part.

3. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I definitely clocked Royal and Marine next to each other.

4. I can't really be arsed but I will make the effort just for you WL: MARINES REHEARSE CASUALTY EVACUATIONS IN BENIN

5. So the Royal Navy website doesn't put the word "Royal" first. Which marines did you think they were reporting on, the North Korean? or does everything need to be spelt out to you in large letters?

6. It's called attention to detail, something I suspect you have a very limited knowledge of.

7. Your suspicions are incorrect as those that know me would testify, fortunately you are not one of those and hopefully never will be.

If you read your original post you use the word Royal but not Marine, a petty thing but if you want to criticise the article for attention to detail I would get your own house in order first.

As usual you are just nit picking, I suggest that if that is the only comment you can make on the article then you seriously need to get a life, despite your protestations that you do, in fact, have one. A dubious claim IMO.

Endex from me.

• Like Like x 1
  8. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Aren't headlines meant to be succinct to grab your attention? As with most things these days, the detail's in the small print which most idiots don't bother with.

"Royal Marines exercising in Africa have been practising casualty evacuation drills as part of their African Winds deployment."

9. Ah your faceless supporters. It would appear that you are not aware that serving and retired members of the senior service have the special dispensation of calling Royal Marines 'Royal', this is a term of endearment and respect. To give you the benefit of the doubt you probably were not aware of this due to your cosseted service.

10. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Finkys attention to detail is touching, all stories relating to Her Majesties Royal Marine Commandos should have a trumpet fanfare, fireworks and children holding sparklers. Bless.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Apart from which Finks is a arrogant patronising knob with a limited intellect but I assume irrelevant nit picking keeps him happy.

Shame he doesn't know an awful lot about the RM but that's because he relies on 2nd hand dits but, hey ho, each to his own ;)

• Like Like x 1

12. Really! Isn't it about time you took a day off and came up for air by removing your head from your own rectum.

13. Fpmsl. Interesting original article.

14. Seeing as we're being pedantic, shouldn't that be 'Her Majesty's Royal Marines Commandos'?

15. Are you all going to debate the title until the cows come home or talk about the impact of the training in West Africa.

16. I think I'll continue to be pedantic, and you can continue talking shite.

• Like Like x 2
  17. I wonder if the Spanish contingent took umbrage over the Corps Crest?

18. They could just call them troops. Then we could all get on the outrage bus! :)

19. And you can learn to spell and keep on topic. Oh sorry, you have no idea what that means.

20. Perhaps you'd care to point out any misspellings you've spotted.