45 Cdo Mortar Troop in action

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by News_of_the_World, Mar 18, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. If you would like to see video footage of 45 Cdo Mortar Troop engaging the Taliban last week in Garmsir, southern Afghanistan, its on our website at www.notw.co.uk.

Click on any news story in the index, scroll down to the bottom and follow the link to 'Troops in action in Afghanistan'.

With thanks to Andy and the lads for allowing us to film during the fire mission.
  2. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

well done journo bloke, a few more supportive stories for the lads would'nt go a miss :smile:
  3. Good little video.

RRs take a look at the 2RRF practicing an assault on Taleban stronghold using live ammo. Is it me or does the GPMG gunner look like he hasn't got a clue ? :grin:
  4. Probably been told not to "actually" use any ammo mate, lack of funds and all that!
  5. I liked the white sock camouflage :lol:
  6. Me too. "Mmmm, what shall I do this morning? Do dhoby, hang dhoby out, fire mission then a bit of ironing, I think" :grin:
  7. Good to see that it was 45 Cdo Mortar Troop.

Bit of irrelevant corps history for all but this troop went through a really bad patch:

Multiple deaths on range after a double feed, followed by a bad blue on blue in the Falklands, followed be another bad accident in [I think] Denmark. Old history I know but good to see them in action here.

8. Bergan,

Thankfully things have been very safe on the Mortar Line in recent history and with the tempo of Ops and the frequency of live firing during exercise this is not a trivial point.

Hoofing little clip of the lads on the line and many thanks News of the World (a comment I thought I'd never come out with after the paper's shocking coverage of the TELIC Op!).