45 Cdo Mortar Troop in action

If you would like to see video footage of 45 Cdo Mortar Troop engaging the Taliban last week in Garmsir, southern Afghanistan, its on our website at www.notw.co.uk.

Click on any news story in the index, scroll down to the bottom and follow the link to 'Troops in action in Afghanistan'.

With thanks to Andy and the lads for allowing us to film during the fire mission.

Good little video.

RRs take a look at the 2RRF practicing an assault on Taleban stronghold using live ammo. Is it me or does the GPMG gunner look like he hasn't got a clue ? :grin:

Standard_Bearer

Lantern Swinger
News_of_the_World said:
If you would like to see video footage of 45 Cdo Mortar Troop engaging the Taliban last week in Garmsir, southern Afghanistan, its on our website at www.notw.co.uk.

Click on any news story in the index, scroll down to the bottom and follow the link to 'Troops in action in Afghanistan'.

With thanks to Andy and the lads for allowing us to film during the fire mission.
I liked the white sock camouflage :lol:

Standard_Bearer said:
News_of_the_World said:

I liked the white sock camouflage :lol:
Me too. "Mmmm, what shall I do this morning? Do dhoby, hang dhoby out, fire mission then a bit of ironing, I think" :grin:

Bergen

ADC
wet_blobby said:
well done journo bloke, a few more supportive stories for the lads would'nt go a miss :smile:
Good to see that it was 45 Cdo Mortar Troop.

Bit of irrelevant corps history for all but this troop went through a really bad patch:

Multiple deaths on range after a double feed, followed by a bad blue on blue in the Falklands, followed be another bad accident in [I think] Denmark. Old history I know but good to see them in action here.

RM

spider_monkey

Lantern Swinger
Bergen said:
wet_blobby said:
well done journo bloke, a few more supportive stories for the lads would'nt go a miss :smile:
Good to see that it was 45 Cdo Mortar Troop.

Bit of irrelevant corps history for all but this troop went through a really bad patch:

Multiple deaths on range after a double feed, followed by a bad blue on blue in the Falklands, followed be another bad accident in [I think] Denmark. Old history I know but good to see them in action here.

RM
Bergan,

Thankfully things have been very safe on the Mortar Line in recent history and with the tempo of Ops and the frequency of live firing during exercise this is not a trivial point.

Hoofing little clip of the lads on the line and many thanks News of the World (a comment I thought I'd never come out with after the paper's shocking coverage of the TELIC Op!).

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R RN CDO Flashes The Gash Barge 2
wet_blobby 42 Cdo med trip 1970 The Corps 3
finknottle 45 Cdo Whisky Company Training in West Africa The Corps 28
Naval_Gazer 42 Cdo in Exercise BOLD ALLIGATOR The Corps 2
S 40 Cdo Go To The Races The Corps 8
trelawney126 29 Cdo. "Don't Stop Believing (Telegraph) Diamond Lil's 4
trelawney126 Rendition Trips near to 42 Cdo HQ Diamond Lil's 0
MoD_RSS Helicopter Force joins 3 Cdo Brigade to prepare for Afghan deployment Current Affairs 0
S 40 Cdo RM Hand Over Sangin Current Affairs 8
wet_blobby 40 Cdo in Afganistan The Corps 23
S 3 Cdo Brigade March Through Exeter, 03-07-09 Current Affairs 3
Cpt_Black 45 CDO and FOB Inkerman The Corps 0
C 45 cdo The Corps 24
A 59 Ind Cdo reformation to 24 Commando Group The Corps 3
wet_blobby Photos of 40 Cdo in Ganners. Current Affairs 1
N LCpl Justin Thomas CGC, 40 Cdo on the radio tomorrow Current Affairs 2
wet_blobby 40 CDO in action Current Affairs 3
wet_blobby 40 CDO The Corps 26
finknottle What Happened to Cdo on the Front Line? The Corps 5
HarryBosch 52 Inf Bde and 40 cdo The Corps 17
HarryBosch 41 Cdo RM and USMC at Chosin and elsewhere The Corps 11
C Cdo Log Reg The Corps 0
Floppyjocky Afghanistan - 42 Cdo Current Affairs 6
BillyNoMates Bricks'n'Mortar Pier-Head JUMP! Diamond Lil's 26
soleil RN EOD Deal With Live Mortar Bomb Brought To Police Station Bases / Shore Est 21
S Commando mortar question Current Affairs 3
B Mortar's Diamond Lil's 9
1 Royal Marine to SAS Air Troop The Corps 27
MoD_RSS News story: Defence Secretary welcomes US troop reduction in Afghanistan MoD News 0
trelawney126 US unveils new Troop Landing Craft Current Affairs 4
MoD_RSS Prime Minister announces reduction in UK troop numbers in Afghanistan Current Affairs 0
soleil Herald: "Award For Ambulance Response Troop" The Corps 1
sgtpepperband HMS Ocean's Apaches wipe out troop concentration in Libya The Fleet 0
M Recce troop The Corps 3
NotmeChief Troop bonus to double Current Affairs 13
finknottle Harden Troop 45 The Corps 3
5dits Troop shortages force Navy to plug gaps in Afghanistan Current Affairs 14
alabama_leprechaun 959 Troop online training diary The Corps 1
mikey_boi Royal Marines Police Troop The Corps 24
D Holding troop RMR 3
J Holding Troop RMR 3
1ManRiot 107 Troop RMR 204
sgtpepperband Troop Aid Charity 3
D Bush pledges Iraq troop reduction Current Affairs 6
D Anyone on here from Merseyside's new 107 Troop? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
T Last night in holding troop..... RMR 15
T What do i need to go Holding troop? RMR 3
H Know anyone that wants to Join Glasgow Holding troop RMR 0
T Should i go to Holding Troop? RMR 8
miffta Holding Troop LIVERPOOL RMR RMR 12