41 Cdo RM and USMC at Chosin and elsewhere

Discussion in 'The Corps' started by HarryBosch, May 13, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I know there has been some banter and misunderstanding about relations between RM and USMC so I thought I would put this link up about combined RM/USMC actions at Chosin and elsewhere during the Korean War. It contains lots of nice little dits about all those little personal scraps and incidents that make up any 'battle'. There is also lots of interesting stuff about Hellfire Alley, stripping torpedo tubes out of USS Perch so as to make space for 110 bootys, just how the railway lines were blown so as to prevent their quick reconstruction, Appendix B and so on and so on.

Enjoy :) http://www.rt66.com/~korteng/SmallArms/41RMCpub.htm

Edited for biff typos
  2. Did bergs tell you he was part of 41 CDO like yourself mate??

:lol: :lol:
  3. [align=center][​IMG][/align][align=center]Robbie Robinson in Alexandria 1941[/align]

The late Lt Cdr Robbie Robinson MBE RN, a sadly missed friend and mentor, was present during the retreat from the Chosin Reservoir. This passage from his obituary in the Daily Telegraph (12 Mar 04) is particularly relevant.

I commend the rest of his obituary to you. They don't make 'em like that any more!
  4. Thank you for posting this Naval Gazer. I found Lt Cdr Robinson's obituary a fascinating read. Cheers!

5. We don't like to talk about it NB. We know that we were heroes; now all I have is a treasured keepsake of Harry Postlethwaite Bosch taken the day after he received the USMC's highest award. This is a photograph of Harry standing proud and tall and wearing his best selection of badges. It brings tears to my eyes and I am proud to share this memento of Harry in his younger days with you.

Per Mare Per Terram

6. Strange that harry's left wrist is a bit limp and there isnt any 4 by 2 hanging out of his ears during said ceremony only large sidies!! :wink: :lol: :p
  7. Oh thats torn it.
    :lol: :lol: :lol: 8O :lol: :lol: :lol:
  8. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

There is a cum stain clearly visable on his left trouserleg around the knee region........, pisspoor shoe shining skills...the left toe cap is dull????

hiding medals, there is clearly another clasp,,,,,hidden..............shhhaaaaaaarg
  9. My best pic! Cnuts :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
  10. I thank you

:lol: :lol: :lol:
  11. They don't make drafties like that any more either.
  12. Sadly the US Marines were deprived of Christmas drink because of political influences back home (the Women's Christian Temperance Union for instance blocked the Milwaukee brewers donation of a million cases of beer to the US Forces in Korea).