40KG of Gear!?

Discussion in 'RFA' started by JMWalton, Sep 4, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Evening all,

Just had a phone call about going to pompy to collect my gear ect. I was going to leave the care at home & get the train however he said theres a couple of bags and 40KG of gear. obviously I'll take the car and thats fine but it just got me thinking what gear am I going to get if it adds upto 40KG? I know that obviously I'll get uniform but 40KG's worth? Anyone got any ideas?

Jonjoe

2. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Got no idea what you're on about. Who's rung you? Who are you?

Just the thoughts of a blonde ex-wren. Don't blame me if it all goes tits up.

• Like Like x 1
  3. 40kg of gear? That's got to have a serious street value..........

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Couple of hundred K at least.

Just the thoughts of a blonde ex-wren. Don't blame me if it all goes tits up.

• Like Like x 1
  5. An immigrant stowing away in your kitbag? Tools? Or maybe it's the total of everything, not plus bags and things. 40Kg isn't all that heavy. Be interesting to know what it is though that has you so bothered. :cool:

6. After posting I laughed at the 40KG of gear, thought it might get some posts, you know what I mean though, I mean 40KG's of kit.
    I'll be 3/O (E) .

40KGs of kit is a fair amount especially if I have to take it to ship, normally the luggage allowance on my flights to ships in the past have been about 30-40KG's total.
    I'm not reli arsed that much just interested to know what/how much kit is given.
    Either way I'll find out when I get there.
    Might get a night out for a couple of ciders in pompy whilst im down there haven't seen my mates down there for a while.

• Like Like x 1
  7. It's a full kit issue, with three pairs of shoes, boots, tropical rig - it soon adds up, especially if you're getting your respirator issued too. You should get a big black grip and a daysack to carry it all in. If it's Tony you're meeting he'll help you out - he's done it a few times now!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Top man thanks for that, Its Phil I'm dealing with and mainly Stef. Yes he said something about fitting for a gas mask (i imagine this to be like a BA mask) I think we're going to sort some courses and stuff.

Did you join from outside? Or did you do your casetship with the RFA. Just wondering how different it's going to be

9. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Have you tried taking your head for a shit?