4 short of............

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by higthepig, Jul 3, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. 4,000 memebers, 10 on line, this site badly needs stimulating, anyone know any good jokes?[​IMG]
  2. Seadog?
  3. You sure in a bad mood today, htp!! Maybe some are deployed in far off places, keeping the nation safe? Maybe some fed up with 'new posts' slagging off the site they appear on? just a thought or two...
  4. Bad mood? no not really, just that I`m concerned that the site is dying, good posters have left, every Newbie thread starts the same, whats the difference of, how much do i get paid, will i have to take my own hat and gloves, but then if it was`nt for the RNR and the Newbies there would be no threads at all, does that sound bitter to you?It`s the way i tell `em.
  5. Yeah and every "Newbie" thread ENDS the same way too.

higthepig: "FFS They are letting anyone join the Navy these days! It's like Kindergarten"

A quick question.... If you detest the Newbies so much, why is it you post so much in the Newbie Forum?

Just a thought mate........
  6. You will do well in the RN my child, go in peace...
  7. To try to inject a little humour , that they might think about what they have written, in English that is.[​IMG]
  8. Have you ever considered the possibility that your comments may not be taken with the humour you intended?

I don't want to pick a barney with you mate, I just feel your comments are sometimes a little nonconstructive. And being that I myself, and many others I imagine, have worked hard during the application process, I don't appreciate the insinuation that it has been easy.

I didn't just wake up one day and decide that I wanted to join the Navy, I've wanted this since I was a kid when my grandfather would tell me of his time in the Andrew.

So I mean you no disrespect, you have already achieved what I aspire to be, and thats probably the general consensus amongst the newbies. It's just disappointing to see an old salt being so down on the new recruits, when the majority hold people in your position in such high esteem.

Anyway thats my two pennies worth.
  9. Your grandad probably served alongside Young Hig. You never know, in 60 years time you'll probably be just like Higgy. :biggrin:
  10. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

It seems every time someone tries to be stimulating they get slapped down....perhaps some people get stimulated by being slapped........ :thumright:
  11. ......

ever heard of if you can't take a joke you should'nt have joined or even that's life in a blue suit
  12. That is different for someone who has never served and intends to. The point being that the newbies is a light n low section, for introductions and first off questions. This site was generated for the RN/RM, the main basis is to help and satisify unanswered questions that the AFCO may not answer.

Now if hig has a problem (which he generally does), he shouldn't moan how things are being done then be one of the reasons newbies don't feel happy on this site. There are a few others who have had their hands slapped, just a bit of common sense, you served, yep, you've been out for years, yep, it's not hard to understand that a 16yr old just out of school may not understand jack's humour.

As the saying goes;

Switch on lofty!

The site has a lot of serving members listed, therefore there are times that they HAVE to go to see, deployed, be on duty or even want to take sme holiday. Having a life means that you are not glued to the t'net 24hrs a day.

Now, I suggest the moaning stops, because, I for one, am sick and tired of fcukwits thinking because they've been on this site longer than others, they have very god given right to sit on that fence.

I'm off to have a long sh*t, laters!
  13. Well said Jenney - Love from the Gulf XXXX
  14. so does anyone know any good jokes?
  15. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

What the fcuk is going on....is it "have a go at Hig week"? jeez, the man injects some much needed humour into what is in general a fairly stuffy internet site and people start biting his head off, lighten up for fcuksake.

Yes Hig takes the p1ss on newbies, so do I, but we generally wait till the relevant info the person is asking about has been answered. Most of what is asked has been asked many times before, fair enough they are new to the site but I had a good read before I joined...what the fcuk are all the visitors doing who lurk here? they ain't posting so they must be reading.

Why doesn't the newbies thread have a big banner giving out some immidiate advise on the military..."time spent on recconasaince is seldom wasted".....read the threads first. But, what the fcuk do I know.
  16. so does anyone know any good jokes?
  17. Well what do expect after all his claims over the 'french bird'
  18. Old Sailor Joke

Bob, an old retired sailor, puts on his old uniform and heads for the docks once more for old times sake.

He engages a prostitute and takes her up to a room. He's soon going at it as well as he can for a guy his age, but needing some reassurance, he asks, "How am I doing?"

The prostitute replies, "Well Bob, old sailor, you're doing about three knots."

"Three knots?" he asks. "What's that supposed to mean?"

She says, "You're knot hard, you're knot in, and you're knot getting your money back."
  19. very good
  20. You know the joke, but here's the punchline....

"...No, a killick and four...."