4.5 ENGAGE! (LIVERPOOL in Libya)

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Purple_twiglet, May 12, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Purple_twiglet

Purple_twiglet War Hero Moderator

2. Guns

Guns War Hero Moderator

Birds affirm, birds away!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Good to see a Type 42 fire a few shots in anger once again (before they are scrapped).

4. BZ Liverpool !!!

5. On a another note. Those Sentinel's look the dogs bollox

6. I hope not!

7. Guns

Guns War Hero Moderator

Sorry your right, birds affirm...... hands off keyboards ADAWS freeze....... WEO to the Ops Room........ Birds affirm. Birds away - FIRE FIRE FIRE - Fire on the focsle.

Is that better?????

8. I'm impressed a 42 is at sea. They smell worse than the sheep transporters that go to the Gulf from Oz.

Of course, I would also suggest that they used their gun rather than Sea Dart....

9. GodDamnItMan, have not heard of EQUIPSEC? ...:iconbiggrin:

Last edited: May 12, 2011
  10. BZ to the Liverpool (old Ships)

However, Methinks the RN media luvvies branch needs to get a serious grip again. The intial article covers off on the actual engagement of the enemy as a footnote to the vital story that squaddie secret squirrels are being flown by the kindness of the RAF in support of operations (notice who has managed to get the main part of the story).
    The NATO release may well be down to which country was wavering the most in its support of the operation so their contribution was given the most emphasis. (Me a cynic, never!)

I also had a quick scan round the news reports on the usual suspects and again could find nothing. Stuff about crab air doing its up diddly up stuff but knack all about the RN doing the deed. Admittidly even crabair has been pushed off the front page.

Nothing appears to have changed in the 6 years I have been outside. Our Media ops people are bloody amateurs.

11. Can any of this be confirmed and is it from a reliable source. The daily Wail hasn't commentated on it :mrgreen:

12. Purple_twiglet

Purple_twiglet War Hero Moderator

13. That article has just baffled me.
    Unless the propellant used in Naval guns has evolved spectacularly in 22 years how did they return fire to the shore at 40 miles.

14. They were 40 miles along the coast from Misrata (which most people have now heard about), not 40 miles from the shore.