3g signal at hms sultan.

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Ryanryan2121, Jun 15, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. HI there i am going to hms sultan later today and was wondering if anyone knew if my 3 mobile broadband stick would work there. as it didn't when i was at raleigh.
    thank you.

2. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Later today you'll find out for yourself

3. They don't work any where else so i don't know why that would change at HMS Sultan.

4. They let you have your mobile at Raleigh???!!!!

WTF has my beloved Navy become? Next you'll be telling me you had a duvet and weren't allowed to go swimming in the sceptic tank!

5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Concur.

Whenever I've used one of these supposed Mobile "Broadband" sticks they are slower than the old 'dial-up' connection.

Doubtless they will speed-up eventually but even off-peak they are slow, even if you can get a signal. You can get a signal at Sultan, but it's no faster.

6. 3 is the worst network on the planet. I could only ever get a 'roaming' signal when I was at Sultan and none at all when I was based at Culdrose or Yeovil. My advice? Ditch it and go for a contract with a proper phone company.

7. Agree with tomleecee, I was on 3 before and they f'ed me about rotten. They're cheap though.

8. I'm here at Sultan using my 3 Broadband dongle to speak to you so yeh it does work lol. Slow as **** though.

9. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

I rest my grip, m'lud.

(Cheers md08, as suspected)