39 years since the end of the tot!

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by Sparrowhawk01, Aug 3, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. 39 years since the end of the tot!

Although to young to remember the daily tot, I will always remember my first splice of the mainbrace after successfully putting out a main engine fire on the Amazon. What funny dits lead to your tots?

http://www.navynews.co.uk/view-story.aspx?articleID=490

2. A Cold wet and miserable day.Alongside in Guzz, Old Ark, Dinner time session in the Avondale following Tot time. Watchkeeping, home, head down woke up 10 minutes to Eight. Shit adrift.....Dressed in No2's run 3miles to dockyard, arrive panting up the gangway to find on watch QM suprised to see me. Why.... It was by then 2130 at night. I was due on for the Forenoon. :D

3. Happy days being an athletic type and not a tot drinker it was always remembered for that warm glowing effect on one's person

[​IMG]

4. Every mid day "Up Spirits" came the pipe. And it did! Lift spirits, we all looked forward to it and enjoyed it. I remember reports, true or not I couldn't possibly say, of certain of HM Ships crossing and re-crossing the International Date Line just to have a re-scrub so's to speak! Happy days!