37 years ago today

I Joined the Royal Navy at HMS Ganges at the tender age of 16 years and 5 months

My god I feel old !!

And where did those years go to :censored:

.......I was bouncing down the gangway of COURAGEOUS down here in Devonport.
Complete with kitbag, pussers grip and suitcase - I was told "You DO NOT" live
on board you Part III....."(from the trot sentry). He called the Duty Driver up, who
was smashed out of his face, and I experienced a rather terrifying car ride through
Devonport Dockyard at the hands of a drunken lunatic from Hull. Having found a place
to stow my gear - the bladdered person drove me back to the boat and I clambered
down the ladder and was guided into the JR's Mess. The Duty L/Hand was the LRO,
who was also rat-arsed, and sat in the far corner of the grot was another new joiner
who had been force fed sarnies made with f**k all else but Colemans full strength
English mustard. I was offered a can, sat down and surveyed my new surroundings.
Twenty years later I walked off my last boat and into the scarey world of civilianism.

witsend

MIA
Book Reviewer
I think I was being weaned off mother's tit as you lot were begging for your pay, donning flares and collecting your fag stamps.

(granny)

Banned
Book Reviewer
60 years ago I walked through the main gate of Victoria Barracks. Now THAT is old. Come on you 'old and bold' ones, put me in my place.

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
Makes me feel a right younster Granny, 3rd February 1960 to Collingwood for kitting out as a Junior Radio Operator 2nd class

I think I was being weaned off mother's tit as you lot were begging for your pay, donning flares and collecting your fag stamps.
Fag stamps were for barrack stanchions.
Once afloat one trip out the limit and duty free ruled.
And the custom and excise paid us regular visits with the 1p a packet goodies.
I will make no mention of your feeding habits, they are of no concern to us.:-D

And Granny, unless Nelsons ghost is on RR I don't see as there is any competition.:-D

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
2_deck_dash History 0
AndyWade History 12
Oil_Slick History 7