32% of The people have spoken

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by finknottle, May 5, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Well it is current affairs and someone had to post it up. What a thrashing the coalition took at the local elections, between them the Tories and Lib-Dems they lost 823 seats to Labour, the icing on the cake being the return of Glasgow to Labour control. Boris may have held onto London but who gives a shite about that side show.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2012
  2. AH mercurial as ever Finky, it was not that many years ago you were knocking the Liebour party. The ConDems were always going to take a hammering no matter what. If their policies are the right ones, it is going to hurt getting the country back on an even keel, if they are the wrong ones we can always kick them out at the next general election, but as bad as the current crew in charge are, I do not want to see Miliband and his cronies in charge, especially as he seems to be sucking up and opening a door to Billy Lier
  3. Never mind Finky, only a fraction bothered voting anyway, Mildew and cronies are still enjoying the mire left by their previous crowd and bloody Brown. Yes , at last that old RED livingstone can bow out and piss off too.

4. No worries I will not be rushing to get my visa debit out to re-new my membership, it was just grand to see the 'we are all in it together' clique get a trouncing. As for poor Ed the yolk was certainly on him but to be fair his response or lack of was a credit to him.

As for those who did not vote they are of no consequence.

I heard some old northern fart on the news saying, ‘my granny always told me don’t vote Labour they have no money, vote Conservative’ no doubt it made them feel more important even though they may have been on the bones of their arse.

Last edited: May 5, 2012
  5. I used to be apathetic.............these days I just don't give a fcuk.........and it's my guess many people feel that way about politics, particularly after the dogs breakfast that was the budget. As an old Irish friend of mine used to say............'It doesn't matter who you vote for, it's always the government that gets in' :yawnstretch:
    • Like Like x 1
  6. The problem being Flags no one voted for this lot, they cobbled it together without our permission.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. I seem to remember Mandybum and Cyclops trying to cobble a deal with the Libdems without even consulting their own party let alone the electorate.
    Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely !
  8. Actually they did, them's the rules. They don't need our permission. That's what happen when you have spackers making "protest" votes. It is absolutely the fault of the electorate.
    • Like Like x 2
  9. It has very often been the case that the party in power nationaly loses out in the local elections.Four years ago the tories were celebrating and Labour got a hammering.It has to be said that the Coalition have brought all this on themselves by picking on the pensioners(who still take time to go and vote) to make up the shortfall in income tax plus plenty of broken promises made before the last election.You reap what you sow.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. In the same news clip was another old fart who said they "always vote Labour because that's what we always do around here" which shows some of the brain dead mentality of the other side. Be careful when you cherry pick quotes to try a prove a point Finks, that's a politicians trick.

The coalition was always going to get a kicking as do most Governments in mid-term elections. You say the people have spoken, I hardly think so with a 30% turn out, I'm afraid the masses are ready for revolution in the streets just yet.
  11. You're absolutely right Monty, there must be other ways to protest..........are you free to man/storm (delete as applic.) the barricades at the weekend ?
  12. Ageing_Gracefully

Ageing_Gracefully War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Or as John Lehman US Sect of State for the Navy said:

Power corrupts. Absolute power is kinda neat.
  13. Aye true enough.
  14. Also in agreement...........Pol Pot, Joseph Stalin, Mao Tse Tung, Adolf Hitler..................in their own sweet way of course.
  15. Sod that. I'm doing alright at the minute. No way am I putting my head above the parapet.
  16. Finks is a politician, loosely dressed as a "union" man.

What no-one has addressed yet about Finks' comment about Labour having no money, no political party have any money, as such, they have OUR money, and they want more!
    Just like the Unions.
  17. I must have missed your old fart.

The 30% are all that matters, the remaining 70% are wasters who would do well to remember that people suffered in order that they could have the right to vote and to not bother their arses is reprehensible. Still what else can one expect in this shit-hole that due to the pathetic stewardship of successive governments the UK has become?
  18. "The pathetic stewardship of successive governments"

Finks, you obviously do not regard yourself as being part of the "pathetic stewardship". You lot joined them when you forgot the members who paid your inflated wages and tried playing the political game.
  19. Streaky, do you have a problem with trades unions?
  20. You obviously don't see that you are part of the problem.