30 years ago

Always_a_Civvy said:
rugger_bob said:
I was at a private school...
Is that what they used to call Borstal? :wink: :lol:

At my comprehensive school we used to refer to it as Colditz... though to be fair, if you ran away you weren't (usually) shot! :lol:
You have caught me out AaC,it was run by the Nuns, god what a dreadful time I had, hated every moment of it !!! :sad:

gizawetofyagoffaskin said:
Just thought I would celebrate my 100th post with the fact that 30 years ago today I first set foot in Guzz on my way to HMS Raleigh. Seems like yesterday

I think the only person left in the mob out of my entry was, when I last looked, driving HMS Endurance. I wonder if he'll be celebrating today?
You can have a wet of my goffa anytime. But 30 years is bugger all. I arrived at Plymouth Station in January 1965 on route to the wooden huts at HMS Raleigh. I can still smell the mothballs on the Pusser's blanket we were given on our first night.

rugger_bob said:
Always_a_Civvy said:
rugger_bob said:
I was at a private school...
Is that what they used to call Borstal? :wink: :lol:

At my comprehensive school we used to refer to it as Colditz... though to be fair, if you ran away you weren't (usually) shot! :lol:
You have caught me out AaC,it was run by the Nuns, god what a dreadful time I had, hated every moment of it !!! :sad:
Never experienced the delights (or otherwise) of the female of the species. I'd have thought you'd have a whale of a time with all them saucy nuns! :wink: :lol:

Stripey_G

War Hero
Was floating around the West Indies on Euryalus...Belize Guard Ship..or better known as Island hopping!!..Great!. :grin: :grin:

Old_Hand

Lantern Swinger
Just joined the old Ark Royal getting ready for its final commision. Spent the next 2 years travelling the Med and America.

neil6814

Badgeman
Had already been outside 9 years. I fact my son who joined in '66 was thinking of putting his notice in. My oldest grandson was then 4 years old.

I was in Walsall. I was young lance-jack with C Coy 40 cdo on the Fireman's strike. On the way back from our first call out our driver turned the Green Goddess over at a roundabout ... Standing on the running board and ringing the bell for fun at the time, I promptly fell out! Luckily for me it had toppled over onto the opposite side :grin:

sara21

Lantern Swinger
I was -9, it took my parents the best part of the late 70's and early 80's to create one slice of perfection. Well done them.

2badge_mango

War Hero
Second year in civvy street working in a Midlands food factory as a shift manager on twelve hour rotating shifts, (7 to 7 days /nights). Soul destroying routine. Binned it shortly after and found a proper job!

2BM

harryaitch

Lantern Swinger
Became a publican in deepest Kent.Not far from the sea and booze on tap.
Some Naval habits are hard to give up. :roll:

onions

GCM
On course at the school of Gait & Gaitering. To pinch a line from a Shep Wooley song. They gave me my brain back and christened me PO(M)!!

Semper Strenuissima.

Latest Threads