2oe

Discussion in 'The Fleet Air Arm' started by redmonkey, Mar 20, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. redmonkey

redmonkey Badgeman Book Reviewer

Has anyone heard a nasty buzz about the end of promotion and no chance of 2OE for POAEM? :evil:
    I am just in the bracket for my first shout of 2OE and have heard that they will not offer it to POAEMs or even consider promoting them.

Cheers

RM

2. Could you clarify your last??? re abreviations for an old and bold WAFU

3. redmonkey

redmonkey Badgeman Book Reviewer

2OE another 5 or 10 years on top of original 22 year sentence.

RM

4. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

Sounds like the rumour mill or someone winding you up to be honest. Whilst I can see the free and easy ticket that 2OE has become grinding to a halt as voluntary outflow is reduced I can't see how they are going to stop promotion for POAEM's. There will always be a need for experienced CPO's, the AET system may allow people to get to PO fairly quickly but are all those who achieve that suitable for Chief?

It's an interesting rumour, if you think you can prove it make sure you keep a written record and hard copy of any supporting evidence, note the names and number of POAEM's who are promoted when the signals come out and see if it's reasonably proportionate, it's just the sort of thing Employment Tribunals love......... I think you're just being wound though!

5. I think someone is spinning you a yarn. We had "drafty" up at Wittering last year, and when the written replies/feedback came out a month or so after the visit it stated that senior rate AEM's would be offered 10 years straight off, rather than the 5 years and then a possible further 5 years near the tx date. I think I've still got it on my confuser somewhere.

6. Well, following my last it seems that they may have changed there minds WRT AEM's. A communiqué from above this morning states that PO/CPOAEM will have "some" chance of EC(extended career). Although we fair better than CPO tiffs who have "less than 1% chance" of EC!
    To make up for it though they have finally created a means of PO's to move across to POAET! GREAT IF I WANT TO EXTEND MY CAREER I HAVE GOT TO JUMP THROUGH HOOPS AND THEN GO BACK TO SULTAN!! With 4ish years left they can stick it up their harris.

7. Has the world of the Woo gone mad.
    Retaining highly skilled tiffs should have been a priority, they are far more highly skilled than the new breed.
    Just go and wash my mouth out, praising a tiff for an ex POAEM(R) leaves a bad taste in the mouth :p

8. FFS My ears are hurting :cry: :cry: reading those immortal(809) words from an ex POREL (AIR) Strike sight King :oops: :oops:

9. Not a nice thing to admit to Scouse, but in reality the old Tifffs and Mechs of yester year really were fine tradesmen :oops:
    I can't understand why they are no more. Artisans all.

10. Thought they could tell you the cubic capacity of a jam jar??? but were F****D when it came to taking the lid off!!!! :wink: :wink: