2nd Interview with Carrers Officer...

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Duffer, Oct 16, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've got my second interview coming up, as a potential Aircrew Officer.
    Its with a different officer from the last time which is a pity, but might be an advantage.

Does anyone have any pointers?
    Is it likely to differ much from the first meeting?

I've read up on what I slipped up with last time.

Thanks.

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Only that if you intend flying multi-million pound supersonic aircraft, armed with billion pound state-of-the-art-weaponary, it's generally a good plan to get it right first time.

(If only because my tax goes toward the cost).

The very best of luck to you!

3. I am unsure as to what your first interview entailed, but this is what happened in my second interview.

This will probably be your first meeting with your careers liaison officer, they will help you through the whole process.. In this interview he basically got to know me and what stage I was at for preparing for AIB. You should already know a lot of the planes and ships because if you don't mildly impress him he will ask you to go away 6 weeks and learn some stuff that he says. (This Happened to me).

If Your wanting to hurry your application process really touch up on your Merlin, Sea King, Lynx, JSF Project, Harriers and then boats. You don't have to know masses of information. Just that and then a bit about your training pipeline to show you have genuinely been interested and researched it!

If You do impress him you'll have your forms to you within a few days and then another 6 weeks you'll have your aptitude test date. Another 2 months from there you will have an AIB date. Then pass that and your in selection process.

Good Luck mate, let us know how it goes.

(The above may not be exact for you but this is how it has carved out for myself)