2DD's latest hair brained scheme.

Gadzooks MLP!
bloody good idea, spiffing idea! We could get the holiday home owners to do some form of rotation, but not on a Wednesday, that's for shooting grouse.

G

guestm

I actually think this is a good idea. However, how often do new reserve centres of any arm springup?

I think it might have to fight the following locations:
Ipswitch/Norfolk - bluddy miles from PRES(and full of east coast fishermen)
Taunton/Yevilton - ease the journey from the South Coast (inc Poole/Bornemouth) to FOX/KA/VIVID

Oh, and also the slight snag of no Permenant Staff!

But otherwise, cracking original thought,mind you never know, it might even work!

2_deck_dash

War Hero
I think it might have to fight the following locations:
Ipswitch/Norfolk - bluddy miles from PRES(and full of east coast fishermen)
Taunton/Yevilton - ease the journey from the South Coast (inc Poole/Bornemouth) to FOX/KA/VIVID

Oh, and also the slight snag of no Permenant Staff!

But otherwise, cracking original thought,mind you never know, it might even work!

None of the places you list have a submarine factory or a nuclear power plant that employs many thousands of ex forces people. None of the places on your list have stupidly cheap property for sale and all of the places you list are closer to other RNR units and are well served by a variety of other reserve options.

In west Cumbria it's basically 4 Lancs or nothing. All these people who live and work near the sea and have massive pride in their maritime history, many of whom actually build submarines for a living, cannot join the RNR. Seems to me like there is a massive pool of untapped recruits there, probably more so than anywhere else in the UK.

What's the deal with setting up a satellite division like Ceres? Surely it's not much harder than equipping and staffing a cadet unit, which most small towns and even some villages seem perfectly capable of.

Also the PSI thing is simply untrue. There are plenty of Cumbrians in the mob who'd do it, plus people who'd just fancy living near the Lakes for a cushy draft. None of the PSIs from my old TA unit were from the local area. I know for a fact there is a PSI currently serving at a Northern RNR unit who commutes over from West Cumbria every weekend.

Failing that, just stitch MLP to do it.