2_Deck_Dash's Fascinating Fact of the day.

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by 2_deck_dash, Jan 12, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The word "fart" comes from the Old English "feortan" (meaning "to break wind").
  2. Hippos have milk of the colour pink.
  3. Yoda are you?
  4. Since leaving London this morning I've noticed that my words mixed up have they started to.
  5. Just facinating!
  6. Zoidberg: Welcome back you old sod......was wondering where you'd gone to....lol..
  7. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

Nottingham is a corruption of Snotingaham, the settlements name in Saxon times - "inga" means "people of" and "Ham" means "settlement, so the settlement name literally meant "home of the Snot people".
  8. 84% of the nation understand percentages the remaining 39% havent got a fucking clue about them
  9. 82% of all percentages are made up on the spot.
  10. Cheers Dicky.

Funny, so are 62% of all facts.
  11. 4 out of every 6 statistics are also made up on the spot.
  12. The shortest scheduled flight in the world is one and a half miles long from Westray to Papa Westray in the Orkney Islands of Scotland. The journey takes 1 minute 14 seconds to complete.
  13. Japan has no age of consent.
  14. Bulls are colour blind.
  15. A Boeing 747's wingspan is longer than the Wright brothers' first flight.
  16. A diamond is the hardest natural substance on earth, but if it is placed in an oven and the temperature is raised to about 763 degrees Celsius (1405 degrees Fahrenheit), it will simply vanish, without even ash remaining.
  17. If you were to put all the vehicles in the world nose to tail traffic would come to a standstill.
  18. Women blink nearly twice as much as men
  19. Ageing_Gracefully

Ageing_Gracefully War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

My bold - not quite true mate. A woman who has lost or had her diamond nicked is a damned sight harder 8O
  20. If you fart constantly for 6 years, 9 months and 23 days you would produce enough gas to explode an atomic bomb.