29 commando RA

Discussion in 'The Corps' started by D_B_D, Jun 28, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. is it possible to join this regiment straight from civvy street? or do i need to have a parent unit before applying after a few years experience?

and also being an army commando, would i be permanently attached to the royal marines, i.e. go where they go, not necessarily on duty?

any input would be much appreciated!

cheers

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

The clue as to which organisation you need to join/ask before undergoing All Arms Commando Course (AACC), is within the initials R & A in the job title rather than R & M

Best of luck

3. go look at the Gunner's forum on www.arrse.co.uk. There are a whole load of threads just like this one. In summary though - you can apply during phase 2 training (if you picked the right job), you will then go to the unit, and then go on AACC. 29 Cdo RA try to get you on the course ASAP, but you may have to wait for a while before one comes up.

4. Or you could go down the navy route and join 148 Bty, which is a sub-unit of 29 CDO RA based in RM Poole, you do the all-arms course and spotters courses, jumps courses. etc.

5. Are you sure you're not genning up a walt wannabe..?

• Braindead Braindead x 1
  6. Deleted after re-reading, it's late 8O

7. i didnt think you could join 148 straight from civvy street either?

8. You can't........

9. Can a Royal Navy officer apply to join 29 commando? I know ratings can

10. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

RN Rating can apply to join 148 Battery as forward observers for NGS, subject to passing a selection course, but they do not join the Royal Artillery. Not sure if there are RN Officer billets in 148, RM TACP, yes.

11. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Good to see the RN Officer Corps is attracting the cream of the clever ***** as usual.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Thanks very much, it's something I've been wondering about for a while