250 days in Command of an Aircraft!

Discussion in 'The Fleet Air Arm' started by Passed-over_Loggie, Jan 23, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. From Truth Central, today but dated yesterday:

http://www.mod.uk/DefenceInternet/D...yHelicopterPilotCelebrates6000FlyingHours.htm

[​IMG]

Worthy of note, I feel

2. I have a keen interest in Gannets SAR. To see one of the pilots achieve so many hours in helicopters is quite something.

Myself and Lt. Cdr Roy Lewis were tasked in the latter 80's to take the then 819 squadron from 90 minutes notice for SAR to the 15 minutes they are now on. We arranged the aircraft, 2 Seakings, dedicated SAR crews to the equipment and additional medical and flying training sorted.

To see the unit in it's current form is quite something to be proud of.

I'm only pissed because I keep missing the programme highland rescue. Where you can see 'Tank' in living colour.

Well done Tank and all those crews, air and ground who drag people from danger.

PS

Can any one tell me why Tank is wearing winchmans gloves!!!!!!!

3. :salute: B/Z Tank . How did you get through your Aircrew Medical for all those years?? :wink: :wink: . you look so cool 8) 8) in our kid /leather,winchmans gloves. :salute: :salute:

4. Aye good effort!

5. He's ever got a pair. Normally its reinforced glove on the right hand and normal glove left. The gits got both. :lol: :lol:

6. Often thought if I had my time again SAR would be the choice like the cavalry coming to the rescue without the dead indians of course.

Well done that man :cheers:

7. He rescued me from the middle of a Joint Warrior - he didn't look particularly pleased to be coming out in the middle of gale and a fairly decent sea state. On the plus side he did deliver me straight to the hospital, so all in all I was fairly chuffed!

8. I believe the SAR team was also involved in the rescue and recovery of climbers in Glencoe last weekend.

BZ to you guys.

9. BZ, good effort :notworthy: