24 lesbian mess

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by Shakey, Mar 6, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Heard a dit couple of weeks ago in an equal ops / diversity / whatever it's called this month presentation.

This young wren got a draft to a 24 man female mess. (Asssume it was a carrier or summat). Anyway the killick of the mess was an actively recruiting lezzer and had got practically all of the mess into Sapphoism. This poor young lass was petrified that she was going to get lezzed up every night what with all the open snogging and tops and fingers that was going off in the mess square. She went to her Div SR who kindly told her to "wind her neck in 'cos lesbians have rights nowadays."

Does anyone know if this is a gen dit? Also, does anyone have any more details? Preferably about the lesbian activities. :thumright:
  2. Surely the no touching rule that was introduced when wrens first went to sea has been amended to cover same sex liaisons, if that is the case then the DO needs to wind his/her neck in and take the worries of one of his/her juniors into consideration (straights have rights as well)
  3. Shakey, you can buy videos on this subject :rendeer:

4. That's just a rumour..........equality only exsists for minorities, thank to the PC brigade :tp:
  5. the_matelot

the_matelot War Hero Moderator

I was told that dit on DO's course not too long ago.
  6. This sounds like someone's wet dream during a DO's course.
  7. No idea if this is gen or not, but it sounds more like a case study that's turned into a buzz. Alternatively it could be some sad fantasists creation that's got carried away with itself. It'd be interesting to hear what t_m was told about how to manage it, but my gut reaction is that it's bollocks.

The Code of Social Conduct, and associated no touching rule applies on board, what people do ashore in their own time is entirely up to them but if this was going on explicitly on board then it should be addressed.

If the individual felt that there was a culture of intimidation or sexual harassment in the mess then this should have been investigated under Equal Ops directives. The standard of evidence is different from a criminal investigation, but initial investigations would be carried out in the normal way.

The failure of a Div SR to address the issue properly demonstrates what my Army colleagues would call a lack of moral fibre, something that in this sort of situation appears to be endemic in the RN. It's easier to sob into your pint of mild about PC madness etc than actually get off your arse and do something about it.
  8. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I also dispute the validity of this 'dit' (and that is all it is, I'm afraid). I find it hard to believe that the complainant spoke to no one other than her DSR. There are many people on board a ship who she could've (should've) spoken to.

And to be honest if it was known that the mess members were pro-actively 'recruiting' lesbians then it would have been noticed by other JRs, SRs and Officers on board. And it would've been dealt with appropriately.

Although the basis of the alleged incident may have some element of truth about it, I doubt the outcome was as described... :roll:
  9. Yeah - but you know what they say - "never let the truth get in the way of a good dit" :thumright:
  10. It used to be thought that the Medical Branch was full of men of "doubtful" sexuality. (Mind you, back before they did a clean sweep of the "buggers" the Branch did have a few of the other persuasion; and so did every Branch). It seems that Jack will always start/pass on rumours about this topic. The, "I knew a bloke what knew a bloke who said that....." etc. Frankly it all sounds like a load of shite!"
  11. the_matelot

Well, it was a female ex member of your branch who told it to those of us on DO's course!
  12. In response to Achmed, peace be upon him ;) ...

This story rightly ought to be reversed. The reality for most of the RN's history has been the scenario below.

This young matelot got a draft to a 24 man mess. (Asssume it was a carrier or summat). Anyway the killick of the mess was an actively recruiting hetero and had got practically all of the mess into rampant heterosexuality. This poor young lad was petrified that he was going to have to visit brothels on his next run ashore and would be forced to chat up females on board. He went to his Div SR who curtly told him to "report to the Master 'cos poofters have no rights", and he'll get summarily dismissed.

Bugger, I bit! :roll:
  13. Please cn I have a draft to the lezzers mess, I lie to watch their movies and feel that I could fit in OK.
  14. Slim, you can have my place in their mess if I can have your place in the the men's mess? :razz: ;)

PS: Did you go on that run to Malta, if so how did it go?

15. As the saying goes, "Everyone is treated equally, but some less equal than others !!"
  16. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Scare tactics perhaps? I the history of this dit and I know the female you're referring to. But you know as well as I do - stories do get embellished over time! And you don't believe everything a Reggy tells you, do you? :wink:
  17. I don't believe anything a reggie tells me. :thumright:

As for the lesbo thing, I served on one ship (with one of RR's CTs) and there were a few rug-munchers onboard. In addition, one of the Charge Chiefs was also known to be light on his loafers. This, all before the 'beef ban' was lifted.
  18. the_matelot

Do I fcuk! ;)

However, I am very wary of reggies in packs of two-those ones are the intelligent ones. They get one to read and one to type! :D

I echo what J_G says. Lesbianism is rampant in certain units and shore establishments.
  19. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

Sure they don't go round in threes? One to read, one to write, and the third to keep an eye on the two intellectuals!