22's = Gone

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Lurchio, Oct 19, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sad times... 22's Will be gone by April next year.

2. tis true heard it from 2SL himself :(

3. Really gutted, was after a 22 after this.

Yet we can have £4bn aside to try and stop other countries fighting, which may or may not work?

Boils my piss it does!

4. Cutting the Overseas Aid should have been first priority. To hell with world opinion

5. didnt we send 30 odd million over to pakistan only just very recently?? a tradgedy it was/is those floods but its money we HAVEN'T got!!!

6. Aye and if even half that cash actually went to where it was meant to go I'l be suprised. More likely someone out there now has a palace in Europe and a very flash private jet

7. I agree wholeheartedly overseas aid should be stopped not just cut :D

8. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

dabbzie wrote
    And in return Pakistan allows us to route supplies for HMAF in Afghanistan through their ports and roads. No favours = no favours. It's how things work.

9. And I have an answer to that as well.
    Pull out of the mankin dump, and lets spend the money on insulating borders. The amount we are pouring into the place we could have a genuine Iron curtain around Britain.
    The rate were going there will be nothing here worth protecting.

10. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

I hear what you say Rumrat but the chances of that happening are about as likely as Broon saying, 'I fcuked that up.......sorry'.

Afghanistan and the supply chain notwithstanding, greasing palms and buying access and influence is as much part of dealing with the world outside UK PLC as State Visits, ship visits, Ambassadors' Parties, a good slapping and kissing Saudi arrse etc. It may make us gag (especially the last bit) but it is how the world works. Not all foreign aid is rice and bottled water for black babies.

11. I agree, but they knowing that we know is another number in the equation.
    These orchestrated maneuvers in the dark don't always stand up to scrutiny in daylight.
    In my humble career as a local politician I (not alone ) forced several issues into the forefront that had to be abandoned because of public outcry.
    This country sometimes needs Joe public kick started to achieve what should be done. The sheer brass neck of some jumped up little pacifist, dictating his homespun granny week-knees policies onto us, is abhorrent to me, and a great many like minded people. Apathy the number 1 enemy of the British can be overturned, and action induced with the right stimulus. Knowing why they are Deprived of their "taken for granted standards", could be just that catalyst, which is needed to incite them to question politicians who are supposedly, there to do as we bid and not the other way.