22 Feb 06 Channel 4 News 1900

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by theoldti, Feb 21, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. were on the tele

Had a guy in today to shoot some film. Apparently we will be on channel 4 news tomorrow evening (22 Feb).
    Dont know why but keep your eye out and let us know what you think.
  2. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Re: were on the tele

Where do you work? It might help us know what to look out for... :shock:
  3. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Re: were on the tele

A few more details theoldti and I'll make your post an announcement or sticky.
  4. Re: were on the tele

i also wondered what the hell was going on. thaught it was was just me
  5. Re: were on the tele

I work for FOST(SM) in the simulator in Faslane. They came in to film us and went down to a boat. Dont know quite what they are doing but keep your eyes out. Dont critique our EOP's too much as we don't know how they will cut it.
  6. Re: were on the tele

Found out this morning that the nugget that came down to film has wiped the lot. he's coming back today so as long as the cab stays up we should still be on......................
  7. Re: were on the tele

Just re-run the footage.
    Channel 4 news, 7 o'clock tonight (thurs 22 feb)
    Something about the 300th deterent patrol
  8. Watched the piece on C4 news tonight. Didn't say much apart from the reporting was being done onboard HMS/M Vigilant. Showed a few shots of missile alley, interviewed the skipper who mentioned that Bliar has the final say so on firing (as long as the yanks tell him it's OK). Couldn't show other things onboard this British sub coz the yanks wont give their permission!! Then showed the tree huggers and gave them the chance to voice their opinions and then a shot of a Greenpeace vessel in the Gareloch. Interview complete.

Keep Striving.
  9. Was also on Radio 4 at six o'clock. "In depth" (no pun intended) interview from Vigilant. Swift tour of the accommodation followed by a look at the "long room with missiles on each side". Not very informative, but I guess at least that a few more civvies might realise that we still have a Navy, and, it is often said, there is no such thing as bad publicity.

10. Wot, no shots of ovvie clad matelots in shiny boots? :eek:

Not worth watching then (sulk)... :wink: :lol:
  11. Not on RADIO 4 AAC.