203 Years Ago...

P2000

Lantern Swinger
Almost to the minute...

From VICTORY to the British Fleet:

"England expects that every man will do his duty".

Probably the most historic signal ever sent, though possibly with some competition from Nelson's final signal: "Engage the enemy more closely".

Ladies and Gentlemen, a toast: The Immortal Memory.

P2000

Lantern Swinger
As an aside, Battle of Britain day: the crabs get a lot of media coverage, fly past over London, that sort of thing.

Should I be unsurprised that the RN hasn't found a way to use Trafalgar Day as a way to demonstrate the relevance and importance of the modern fleet?

I can't believe you joined up on Trafalgar Day. How Jack is that?

Happy Anniversary to all on this great day. Enjoy your celebrations whatever and wherever they might be.

SF

Says the Modern Sailor, who knows fukc all about History, only what he reads, is this the same Matelot that does not like WAFU`s cos somebody shouted at him in the Tower at Yeovilton? Memories are short eh? Us old Gits should not be on your thread eh? Thank **** Nelson ( God rest his soul) did not have your point of view.

the_matelot

War Hero
higthepig said:
Says the Modern Sailor, who knows fukc all about History, only what he reads, is this the same Matelot that does not like WAFU`s cos somebody shouted at him in the Tower at Yeovilton? Memories are short eh? Us old Gits should not be on your thread eh? Thank * Nelson ( God rest his soul) did not have your point of view.
Can I have my hook back please? Thank you.

BTW, my Naval History is spot on and erm, I was a wafu for over 5 years before I branch changed....