Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

2024 6 Nations

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
Well done Italy, that was a close one for England :oops:

Ireland will be the ones to watch after yesterdays game against France.

Wales/Scotland up next!

Without a doubt England had a game on their hands. Gone are the days when v Italy was a guaranteed win. SB needs to get rid of some of the old guard and give the youngsters a chance. Use this period to build a real world beating team by letting them gain experience.

France v Ireland, good game , right result. Les Frogs were given a bit of a hiding by a rampant Ireland side, who would bet against them winning the competition?
Italy were really up for it, took the game to England and showed their critics that they are not the pushover they once were. England played fairly well and were lucky to take the win.
Wales v Scotland looked like an easy win for the Jocks until half time and the Welsh looked totally overwhelmed. Second half bloody hell! Gatland's gang of kids just took off, brilliant 40 minutes of determined rugby and fortunate for Scotland that the final whistle blew when it did.
Gatland has yet again got a team to rebuild but on that performance he'll do it fairly easily. Man of that match for me? Aaron Wainwright.
Roll on next weekend, could be a belter.

France v Ireland, good game , right result. Les Frogs were given a bit of a hiding by a rampant Ireland side, who would bet against them winning the competition?
Italy were really up for it, took the game to England and showed their critics that they are not the pushover they once were. England played fairly well and were lucky to take the win.
Wales v Scotland looked like an easy win for the Jocks until half time and the Welsh looked totally overwhelmed. Second half bloody hell! Gatland's gang of kids just took off, brilliant 40 minutes of determined rugby and fortunate for Scotland that the final whistle blew when it did.
Gatland has yet again got a team to rebuild but on that performance he'll do it fairly easily. Man of that match for me? Aaron Wainwright.
Roll on next weekend, could be a belter.
agree Ireland looking strong, some learning curves for all teams, but a good standard of rugby all round, Welsh kicker must be cursing himself for missing the first try conversion, valuable 2 points.

France v Leinster was a good game. Would have been closer if France could have picked Leicester Tigers who played Leinster on 20/01/24 resulting in a win for Leinster 10-27.

good weekend of rugby, some decisions were questionable, but as always depends on which side you were supporting, when I said good play, by which ever team my wife said who you supporting, I said England and the good game of rugby, most supporters will appriciate good play on the park, even when against their team

but this was magic

I think Scotland blew it they had a couple of clear cut chances before the controversial not grounded decision.
Wales couldn't capitalise when England were down to 13, the English defence was pretty good for most of the game and will improve with familiarity. The midfield will be beefed up with the impending return of Olly Lawrence and Tuilagi
Ireland were imperious shutting Italy out
The young lad singing was a bit special

Good weekend of rugby, a few dubious decisions but overall good play by well matched teams. Ireland v Italy was a foregone conclusion really but Italy kept going, showing some really nice moves and still improving.

Cruel, cruel luck for Italy, denied a famous win over Les Frogs. Good game overall, Italy certainly got stuck in and imho, showed that they do deserve to be in the six nations tournament.

Cruel, cruel luck for Italy, denied a famous win over Les Frogs. Good game overall, Italy certainly got stuck in and imho, showed that they do deserve to be in the six nations tournament.
I was shouting at the telly when the ball hit the upright!

BZ to the Eyties though, I don't think they'll do as well against Scotland though, but you never know, we only just beat them.

Latest Threads