2021 Strategic Defence and Security Review

LandScrubber

Midshipman
Just some food for thought but does anyone have any idea what the 2021 Strategic Defence and Security Review would mean for the RFA?

I'm completely in the dark about this myself and would like some better idea of the future of the RFA.

Source:

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
Anything anyone on here says would be pure conjecture and therefore pointless. Wait until the review is published.

Skylarker

Lantern Swinger
The daily wail had something to say about 4 ships being scrapped but Navy Lookout and Tom Sharpe (both on twitter but NL has a website too) both provided some great information on the future of the fleet and the RFA and broke down the operating of said ships and future if you wanted to go and do the reading.

bobbybrown

Lantern Swinger
Yeah heard 4 type 23 frigates are being scrapped. HMS iron duke, HMS Argyle, HMS Monmouth and HMS Kent I believe not sure if it’s Kent though?( well being decommissioned anyway? Not sure about scrapped, again this was on daily mail so not coming from my mouth aha)

Alfacharlie

War Hero
Yeah heard 4 type 23 frigates are being scrapped. HMS iron duke, HMS Argyle, HMS Monmouth and HMS Kent I believe not sure if it’s Kent though?( well being decommissioned anyway? Not sure about scrapped, again this was on daily mail so not coming from my mouth aha)
The ‘Black Duke’! Old ships. Had a great time on there.

Latest Threads