2018 World Cup Bid

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by drewfester, Dec 2, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What did everyone think of the Bid presntation shown on the BBC this morning??? I actually thought it was rather good :) :) Just have to wait and see if England actually get it later on today. Fingers crossed :)
  2. I was very impressed - the whole team put in a very positive and impressive performance and the presentation made some very hard-hitting points - Good work.
  3. Russia - personally I'm not exactly sure we could have afforded it anyway, and it won't be us filling the coffer's of FIFA! Hey Ho!
  4. So Putin got it right - treat 'em mean, keep 'em keen!
  5. Bet Qatars bung was bigger than the Russians :wink: :wink:
  6. Spot on, it's going to be 40 celcius plus there unless they plan on building enclosed air conditioned stadiums, all in the same city of course!
  7. Guns

Guns War Hero Moderator

I see the reason for Qatar was to help develop football there. Because what you need for a country of 600,000 people is the World Cup to kick start football. Or you could send a few teams over for a few games.

Hummm. Russia accused of being a Gangster State and Putin no better than a Godfather figure by Wikileaks DipTels. Putin can't even be bothered to go to the draw. Russia win, hmmmmmmmm
  8. Simples: FIFA = CORRUPT.
  9. I was watching the build up to the announcement in the auditorium when the camera focussed on Roman Abramovich, I just thought, 'Cheque book'
    I knew then that Russia had been dishing the roubles out.
    The whole thing is a fcuking fix ! :protest:
  10. Qatar FFS......the Accrington Stanley of international football...
    Still....2022 is a long way off, and that country is sooooo close to Iran.

11. Just been announced that the 2026 world cup has gone to Narnia, followed by Pandora in 2030.
  12. Here's the jokes boys

"Villa Llona described reports against his organization as slanderous
    FIFA is a clean institution," the 60-year-old said,

So why aren't the BBC and Sunday Times in court.

Travel the world staying in top class hotels, and bungs on top - not a bad life.

Just 2 votes proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that there was at least collusion to keep England out.

More bent than a nine bob nail.
  13. From the moment the British media started poking around in the dusty corners of FIFA and asking questions about it's probity England's bid was dead in the water.Sep Blatter andd his cronies like to carve up all the goodies between them and bringing the World Cup to England would have risked putting all that in jeopardy.What surprise me is the naivety if the English bid team in believing everthing would be done fair and square and above board.
  14. Certainly not cricket...... is it ? :roll:
  15. Good result why should our hard pressed taxpayers be burdened with the security for that circus.
  16. After all this I have heard the 2026 cup is going to Brigadoon (legendary Scottish village that appears once every 100 years). England where outbid (sorry out backhandered). Obramavich obviously holding the purse strings. Can't wait for the Sunday papers take on this and the further release of supposed bungs
  17. I have just read a scurrilous comment on a social networking site, it was ‘don’t the English realise that nobody likes them’.

That cannot be the reason, can it?
  18. Am I the only one who is actually chuffed we didn't get the world cup!!!!!!

Too bloody soon after the olyimpics!!!!! :evil:
  19. Could the corruption be deeper that the papers have alluded to? 8O
  20. I don't really give a rats about sport, but can't quite get the logic there.

The failure to secure the World Cup in England is, in my opinion, bad news.

The bad news is largely for the English of course, but I would imagine the obscure outposts of these islands may lose out financially as well.

I suppose they can comfort themselves by wallowing in their bitterness though.