2018 Upgrade - Problems With Attachments

Note: Task box *Attach files* and copy'n'paste shortcut (for images)
has ceased to function. Prompt on screen reads quote "Oops! We've
ran into a problem" (unquote)
Could be where I am and what I'm on.
More than likely will work on my own bits of kit.

Just saying like.

B.N.M.

Just saying like.

B.N.M.
00001.png

It's working for me @BillyNoMates :)

I'm using a laptop.
Windows 10.
Google Chrome.

Just saying like.

B.N.M.

Are you still having this problem? If so, an you post more details on what device you are using?

Bad CO. Usually either cut'n'paste images directly into the reply box. It didn't function yesterday
8/3/18, and also does not want to accept an image as an upload (using the attach files widget).
I am thinking that my version of Chrome, and also my location has something to do with it, as
well as the smart new makeover. Hang on - attempting to do a simple copy'n'paste job now.

Unfortunately have just had pop up report as before (Oops we've ran into some problems)
Same pop up when doing a saved image to upload direct.
I shall re-try both these options using my own kit p.m. 10/3/18
(i.e. from mobile and laptop) - which I'm sure will function correctly.

Thanks for getting back to me.

B.N.M.

Attachments

Okay. It's getting odd. If I select an image, "copy" it and then start a post
and then "paste" the selected image direct into the post the Oops box pops up.
I close the error message, it goes away and I then post the reply - the "copied"
image attaches itself to the post automatically without any further input
from me, but only as an attachment and not a full size copy'n'paste image.
I hope that makes some sort of sense.

B.N.M.

Tonight - using my Acer Aspire E1-522, Chrome Browser, wireless connectivity with upload of 16.45 Mbps,
download 32.77Mbps. All latest windows updates installed.

Just attempted to cut and paste using Ctrl+V also. No joy again. Constant nag screen stating as previously
reported (Oops! We ran into some problems).

Have also tried saving image to HDD and using the "attach files" function. Situation persists.

I will fumble about and play with settings/account in the wee small hours when my actual real work is complete.

B.N.M.

Ageing_Gracefully

War Hero
Review Editor
Book Reviewer
Played with every setting there is, and still can't upload images with any browser other than Opera.
Such is life.
AY_clean-1.jpg

Easy peasy. Just click "Attach files" search for the pic you want to upload, select it and then choose Thumbnail or Full Image. Job jobbed.

Works for me with Google

A.G.

Just saved image to desktop, then tried to attach it using Chrome. Initially that did not work quoting "Oops we ran into some problems" again. Swapped over to I.E. and logged in (again) to N-N and actually saw the image attached as a thumbnail ready to be posted (as a thumbnail or a full image).
Unfortunately I could not get the post to move any further on as it looked like the browser version is (quote) out of date (unquote) and not all functionality is available and working. Closed down I.E. and logged off (multiple attempts to do that as the page was all over the place) and then logged back on using Chrome. Surprisingly the image I had just "deleted" from the thread (using I.E.) was still there on the Chrome version! Selected "full image" and reposted it.
That worked, but by the Lord Harry - I'm not going to be doing all that alarky every time I want to get a piccy in the post. Seems to me that since this update, the use of copy'n'paste for image insertion into a post has stopped working...for me anyway. I suspect it's to do with certain things beyond my control and NOT anything to do with the upgrade roll out. I have other options available and will just stick to what I know is going to work.
Problem ticket closed.

B.N.M.

345 1521795348753.png

Last edited:

Ageing_Gracefully

War Hero
Review Editor
Book Reviewer
Just had a go at copying an image using Chrome and it seems the image copy facility is not available anymore. It prompts me to download the image to the tablet which then can use to upload into the site. I must say though that I don't normally use copy and have downloaded images I want to use.

Just had a go at copying an image using Chrome and it seems the image copy facility is not available anymore. It prompts me to download the image to the tablet which then can use to upload into the site. I must say though that I don't normally use copy and have downloaded images I want to use.
Google removed this facility from Chrome for Android some time ago - no idea why. It still works ok on the desktop version though