2018 Six Nations

Six Nations rugby spectacular is upon us again, any predictions?
I'm hoping Wales have a good run obviously, but could Scotland take the title?
They seem to be in fine form at the moment.

My natural instinct is to say England all the way but there's a fair few out with injuries.

Law of averages say that Italy must win it one year, but not this one!

I think that it will be between England, Scotland and Ireland. I do not think that the Wales squad will be good enough this year as they appear to be rebuilding.

I hope England do it and in style but the Irish always seem to get to them with their rucking and at the breakdown.

It should be the closest 6N for quite some time (with the exception of the Italians).

I think it is time for a 2nd 6N for other NH teams to participate in together with promotion and relegation. Georgia are coming along nicely and there is always the USA and Canada if the home nations want to travel that far.

England.
Scotland will bottle it at Murryfield
Ireland won't win at HQ
Whales. Injuries just an excuse
France. Rebuilding under Brunel
Italy.

England v Scotland in Round 3 at Murryfield to be the title decider. Whoever wins that to win.

I think that it will be between England, Scotland and Ireland. I do not think that the Wales squad will be good enough this year as they appear to be rebuilding.

I hope England do it and in style but the Irish always seem to get to them with their rucking and at the breakdown.

It should be the closest 6N for quite some time (with the exception of the Italians).

I think it is time for a 2nd 6N for other NH teams to participate in together with promotion and relegation. Georgia are coming along nicely and there is always the USA and Canada if the home nations want to travel that far.
That would turn 6 nations into some type of Rugby World Cup event. Whilst I agree that Italy always get the wooden spoon, they can play some highly entertaining rugby and most importantly, they never give up. One day they will soundly beat a higher graded team. It would be a shame to dump them out of the tournament.

....and the women's? Anyone else watch it?
Really enjoyed watching it and seeing it improve beyond all recognition over the last 5 years. There's a lot to admire with plenty of free flowing, attacking rugby.

That would turn 6 nations into some type of Rugby World Cup event. Whilst I agree that Italy always get the wooden spoon, they can play some highly entertaining rugby and most importantly, they never give up. One day they will soundly beat a higher graded team. It would be a shame to dump them out of the tournament.
And there's the money involved.

Knotty

Lantern Swinger
....and the women's? Anyone else watch it?
Really enjoyed watching it and seeing it improve beyond all recognition over the last 5 years. There's a lot to admire with plenty of free flowing, attacking rugby.
Womens Rugby pah, I don't waste my time watching any Womens Sport...

Except of course Beach Volleyball where they seem to excel ;)

Knotty

Lantern Swinger
You should watch women's sport, the women's England football and cricket teams shame their male counterparts.
My comment was tongue in check Wrecker and I agree with your comment almost completely, at least for the Cricket part and also Rugby. I stopped watching football many many years ago in any capacity.

Welsh new recruits played really well. Navidi, Adams and especially Patchell all had a great game, perhaps a bright future beckons for Wales with talent like this emerging.
A great start for Wales. Leigh Halfpenny is right on form, should have been named man of the match!