@Max9393

Best of luck for it. Don’t try and be a hero and aim for the quickest time just pass it because then you have scope to show improvement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That "scope to show improvement" is easily detectable for those whose time is greatly improved upon at the AIB and it is noticeable that someone held back at the PJFT, it is best to give maximum effort at every stage of your application. Also, it is worth taking into consideration that at the AIB the 90-degree corners will add a fair amount on to your time so a pass at PJFT is not a guaranteed pass at the AIB.

Is the increased time for the PJFT also the same time allowed for at the AIB 2.4km (12:06 rather than the 11 minutes)?

That "scope to show improvement" is easily detectable for those whose time is greatly improved upon at the AIB and it is noticeable that someone held back at the PJFT, it is best to give maximum effort at every stage of your application. Also, it is worth taking into consideration that at the AIB the 90-degree corners will add a fair amount on to your time so a pass at PJFT is not a guaranteed pass at the AIB.

Is the increased time for the PJFT also the same time allowed for at the AIB 2.4km (12:06 rather than the 11 minutes)?
Not entirely sure for AIBs as I am not applying to be an Officer so cannot advise.

The increased time's are a very recent change. Apparently at RPNC and Phase 1 you get extra time so potentially they may have increased PJFT times to match this to show consistency?

Not entirely sure for AIBs as I am not applying to be an Officer so cannot advise.

The increased time's are a very recent change. Apparently at RPNC and Phase 1 you get extra time so potentially they may have increased PJFT times to match this to show consistency?
When i did my prnc its the same time as the pjft but they want you to do a faster time than the minimum pass, it was also not on a treadmill but running around collingwood on the tarmac

When i did my prnc its the same time as the pjft but they want you to do a faster time than the minimum pass, it was also not on a treadmill but running around collingwood on the tarmac

I prefer to run outside anyways.

What preparation did you do for PRNC?

I prefer to run outside anyways.

What preparation did you do for PRNC?

Went to the gym bit of swimming, make sure you feel confident in the pool. Running outside nothing more than 5km max, 3 km would be good distance to aim for. And ignore the afco they told me there was a press up and sit up test but there isnt anymore, but you still do press ups and sit ups during pt. And if you **** up ur doing press ups

I did the AIB run just as the new times were introduced. The PTI’s refused to tell us the times we were allowed (and they get quite angry if you ask, just bear in mind pti’s don’t take jokes well)
I found out afterwards in the ‘cool down interview’ at the AIB about the times. Also bear in mind at AIB you run round a tennis court it’s about 8.5 times round and the corners do really slow you down, especially if it’s a windy day

I did the AIB run just as the new times were introduced. The PTI’s refused to tell us the times we were allowed (and they get quite angry if you ask, just bear in mind pti’s don’t take jokes well)
I found out afterwards in the ‘cool down interview’ at the AIB about the times. Also bear in mind at AIB you run round a tennis court it’s about 8.5 times round and the corners do really slow you down, especially if it’s a windy day

I’m applying as a rating so won’t be running around the AIB :)