UPDATE #16

About 3 weeks ago I received all of my medical paperwork to fill in...again, I had received the eye test paperwork again as well even though I had the eye test back in January. Called the AFCO and asked whether they wanted me to go for the eye test again even though I had one in January, the advice I got was it is better to go for it as they only for 12 months and then when capita receives your paperwork they can't complain that something is missing.

Had my eye test at boots bog standard shit read the letters, is it clearer with 1 or 2, 3 or 4 etc.
My advice here before you leave make sure the forms are completed properly opticians stamp all the box filled and ticked as per the sheet.

I had problems with having eczema a few years ago and this is my 3rd application I think. Over the last 3 years, I have had 3 letters from my GP saying that I don't have it now. So when I sent off my medical paperwork to the AFCO I have included all these to prove I am over the 3 years clear.

I have been told for CT's the next intake is going to be around April/May time so have been able to gauge when I will hopefully be in.

Today I received a call from my AFCO to tell me that I am not going to be getting the triage call to run over my paperwork and will now be going straight to a face-to-face medical stage. I now need to wait until I receive a call/email from Capita telling me appointment details.

I need to up my running, press ups & sit-ups and plan on making this my morning routine.

I have had friends go through their PRNC who have all come back and said the same thing "it's bloody hard" - when people have done something wrong the consequence seems to be press ups so be prepared for 100s of them.

Once I have received the appointment i will update further.

I have just passed my PRNC and can confirm it is a tough 4 days but also a lot of fun. There are a lot of press ups but this will be mainly down to yourself if you can’t follow sinple instructions and have self discipline mostly. I am also going in as CT my start date is in January for the next CT intake and they had one in September there too.

UPDATE #17

Got an email today and a text message to say that my face to face medical will be at the end of November.

Been told to make sure my ears are sparkly clean as this doctor is renowned for failing peope if he can’t see their ear drums.

UPDATE #17

Got an email today and a text message to say that my face to face medical will be at the end of November.

Been told to make sure my ears are sparkly clean as this doctor is renowned for failing peope if he can’t see their ear drums.
Loads of underwater swimming will proper square you away haha

I was passed medically fit last week by the SMO over the moon is not the word

UPDATE #18

So yesterday was my face-to-face medical with the Doctor. Needless to say, I was sh*tting a brick!!

I woke up extra early and had a decent breakfast - scrambled eggs on toast - I didn't have any tea or coffee just to make sure my blood pressure was not affected. I drank a pint of squash with my breakfast and then drank another 500ml whilst in the car before I went in as I need to do a pee test.

Arrived at the doctors and went in. The doctor goes over some basic admin, requests to see your photographic ID and ask's whether you have had a medical examination for any of the Armed Forces before. As I have had 3 before I had to go through the reasons why I had failed previously. The Doctor then needed to read through the notes and documents on the system and went over the points that were raised at my last medical eg asthma etc. At this point, I went to the toilet to give my sample luckily as I was dying for a pee at this point.

Afterward, the doctor explained that all the documents seemed in order and took my blood pressure and did the breath test where you blow into a tube and it records your peak flow - i think it's called that.

He then asked me to strip down to my underwear. If anyone is feeling self-conscious my advice is don't worry you're so much in the moment and it's only or a few minutes. At that point, I had to walk across the room 4 times - on my tip toes, on my heels, whilst squatting and then on the outside of my feet - I then had to drop and give 5 press ups. He then listened to the heartbeat and then my breathing - that was all working fine.

Next, he checked inside my ears to see my eardrums. Make sure you clean them properly, I used Otex ear drops for 2 weeks every day and even this wasn't enough on one of my ears.

He then finished the examination and advised that everything was fine and was happy to pass me as medically fit. I was so happy I could've cried after 4 years of battling Medicals getting documentation to support it I had finally passed.

I now am waiting for my Fitness Test. I spoke with my AFCO today and she said that she is going to try and get me in ASAP. My plan is to continue going running where I can and going to the gym and focussing on press-ups and sit ups etc.

Aw well done!! All the hard work and perseverance has paid off! Now focus on getting past the treadmill run which you should be fine with and focus on PRNC as it is tough but fun

Fantastic news WS, the fitness test won't take long to get sorted, I passed my medical recently and have mine soon. Basically as soon as capita pass the info on to your afco you should get a message on the portal from them, and you have to get it done within two weeks, so just keep running

Sent using Tapatalk

UPDATE #19

So after much frustration for both me and the AFCO the Capita Portal which I have been using has stopped working. They updated it to show that my medical was passed and tried to offer me my PJFT details but it was not showing up.

Back to basics, my AFCO sent me the details via the post which arrived today.

I have to book a fitness test within 2 weeks of the date of the letter which leaves me with 8 days to book it. I've called my local Nuffield Health and I am currently awaiting a call back to arrange the actually test.

I've been asking around on here, via the Royal Navy Recruitment page and friends about the actual timings as there were lots of variations in timings below shows what was in my letter;

Age Male. Female
15-24. 12m 16s. 14m 29s
25-29. 12m 42s 14m 58s
30-34 13m 09s. 15m 29s
35-39 13m 37s. 16m 0s

Nuffield were pretty good with me when i went to book it, so hopefully they don't take long for you.

I've just checked and your actually a very similar age to me, so, the minimum pass time is 12m 16s for the PJFT (the assessor will write it onto the form when you go for your test), but the other times you'll have seen (11m09s) will be the time you need to run at PRNC and Raleigh (at least that's my understanding of it)

I wonder if Ninja has any idea on the portal, and if its a nation wide problem, my AFCO had a similar problem, although it did eventually come through.

Best of luck, and get running

Nuffield were pretty good with me when i went to book it, so hopefully they don't take long for you.

I've just checked and your actually a very similar age to me, so, the minimum pass time is 12m 16s for the PJFT (the assessor will write it onto the form when you go for your test), but the other times you'll have seen (11m09s) will be the time you need to run at PRNC and Raleigh (at least that's my understanding of it)

I wonder if Ninja has any idea on the portal, and if its a nation wide problem, my AFCO had a similar problem, although it did eventually come through.

Best of luck, and get running
At PRNC the run times were still the same as the PJFT although they did show you the time you were expected to achieve on arrival at Raleigh and they advised to aim for that time at PRNC but the higher time would still pss you but your time at PRNC is passed to Raleigh