ws1602

Lantern Swinger
UPDATE #25

So I have received my PRNC date today. 2nd December... typical has to be on my birthday but hey ho nothing like being at HMS Collingwood for your 23rd :)

Although I have looked through some of the "PRNC" threads I cannot see one that is up to-date and that is somewhat recent, wish there was definitive guide or more information other than running and swimming... unless I have missed something.

Once I have been I will create a diary, for all intensive purposes, so that it helps other people.

If anyone has any advice/experience of PRNCs I will greatly appreciate it.

Albalbion

UPDATE #25

So I have received my PRNC date today. 2nd December... typical has to be on my birthday but hey ho nothing like being at HMS Collingwood for your 23rd :)

Although I have looked through some of the "PRNC" threads I cannot see one that is up to-date and that is somewhat recent, wish there was definitive guide or more information other than running and swimming... unless I have missed something.

Once I have been I will create a diary, for all intensive purposes, so that it helps other people.

If anyone has any advice/experience of PRNCs I will greatly appreciate it.
For prnc you basically turn up at the train station, get taken to collingwood, get shown to your mess with a bunch of other lads, you'll do a whole lot of briefs about life in the RN and benefits and pay and stuff like that, you'll be given a pair of 4s trousers and t shirt, get taught to march a little bit, you'll do your rnft, its four times around the parade ground, just give it all you've got if you're fit you'll pass, if you're not, work on it before you go to Raleigh, you'll still be allowed to go if you fail it by a few seconds. The swim test is easy, you'll do 50m in your swim gear and then have to pull yourself out of the pool. Then you'll stick some overalls on and be asked to tread water for two minutes, the trick is to keep taking deep breaths and breathe out slowly, inflated lungs will keep you buoyant. You'll then go straight into another 50m swim in overalls and then pull yourself out again. Then you have to step off the diving board (3M), they just want to see you attempt this, if you're scared of heights just do it anyway it doesnt hurt its over in seconds and will show you've got the bottle to step out of your comfort zone. Dont piss the PTI off, the pti we had at Collingwood was far harsher on people than any of the ones we had at Raleigh. On the last day you'll do a '4k run', it's an absolute bastard. Far harder than any stretcher run or anything we did at Raleigh, this may have been because I was far less fit at prnc and i just found the stretcher run run because I was much fitter by then. It consists of a run around the base with a load of exercises thrown in, commando crawls, chin ups, press ups the usual, you'll feel like you're about to be finished and then hell give you an 800m sprint to do, twice. Just keep pushing through it that's all there is to it, once you've done that you've completed the prnc and you're on your way to Raleigh. Hope this has helped in any way at all. Good luck with it!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Acryph

Midshipman
Just checked the events on my portal and have the intake 3rd of February. So I'll see you there. Also joining as a CT.

It says it's at 00:00 - 23:30 hrs, does that mean I can just turn up at any time haha.

ws1602

Lantern Swinger
I also didn’t realise that phase 1 was only a day :)

Have you done your PRNC yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Asasioun

Badgeman
Just checked the events on my portal and have the intake 3rd of February. So I'll see you there. Also joining as a CT.

It says it's at 00:00 - 23:30 hrs, does that mean I can just turn up at any time haha.
You'll be given train tickets by your AFCO, I suggest just use them, that way you'll arrive with most of the other people in your intake

Sent using Tapatalk

Acryph

Midshipman
@ws1602 No not yet and my Careers advisor is on holiday for a few more days so I'll probably get the info then about it.

@Asasioun Hopefully I don't receive train tickets. As I can see Raleigh from my house. I think it will be more of a case of getting a bus to the train station.

Asasioun

Badgeman
@ws1602 No not yet and my Careers advisor is on holiday for a few more days so I'll probably get the info then about it.

@Asasioun Hopefully I don't receive train tickets. As I can see Raleigh from my house. I think it will be more of a case of getting a bus to the train station.
Maybe they're supposed to provide transport, which is train, for most people, maybe they'll get you a bus ticket to the station, but you probably won't be asked to just rock up at Raleigh

Sent using Tapatalk

ws1602

Lantern Swinger
UPDATE #26

Received an email this morning from my AFCO with details of my train tickets, also on the portal received a form to fill in with measurements which I can only assume is for Uniform etc.

@LegioIX @Acryph If there is anyone joining as a CT on 3rd Feb 2020 I am looking at creating a Whatsapp group, I have received some information about kit and recommend kit from @silentcomms.

Does anyone know what divisions join when? I have found a place where the recruits update on what they have done that week - https://royalnavytrainingdiaries.wordpress.com/ be nice to know what division I may be joining.

Also is there a regular timetable events for Phase 1 eg call the hands 0500 scran 0600 etc?

Asasioun

Badgeman
UPDATE #26

Received an email this morning from my AFCO with details of my train tickets, also on the portal received a form to fill in with measurements which I can only assume is for Uniform etc.

@LegioIX @Acryph If there is anyone joining as a CT on 3rd Feb 2020 I am looking at creating a Whatsapp group, I have received some information about kit and recommend kit from @silentcomms.

Does anyone know what divisions join when? I have found a place where the recruits update on what they have done that week - https://royalnavytrainingdiaries.wordpress.com/ be nice to know what division I may be joining.

Also is there a regular timetable events for Phase 1 eg call the hands 0500 scran 0600 etc?
Acryph is right call the hands is 5:45am, and yes there is a routine, I wouldn't worry about it too much for now, you'll get into it when you get there, and it does change very slightly every week

Sent using Tapatalk

ws1602

Lantern Swinger
Hello all,

Query on Service Numbers. So I have been told by the AFCO that I have service number on their systems. Do we wait until we get to Raleigh to know what this is?