Maran?4

Midshipman
I think that's not a clever assumption to be making.

Sent using Tapatalk
Well say if I was to fail it and got my date pushed back by 3 months yet some people are able to go straight to Raleigh without having done it? Wouldn't say that's really fair. Unless you fail it by a ridiculous amount and can't swim then I still don't see how it's fair now

Asasioun

Badgeman
Well say if I was to fail it and got my date pushed back by 3 months yet some people are able to go straight to Raleigh without having done it? Wouldn't say that's really fair. Unless you fail it by a ridiculous amount and can't swim then I still don't see how it's fair now
What's fair and what happens are two different things.

Also, it's a test to see if they need it or not. If we do fail, then they'll be keeping PRNC.

Sent using Tapatalk

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
It doesn't have to be fair, it's what the employer wants. PRNC has been stopped for a couple of entries to see if it's worth continuing with it or just go back to the old scheme where there was no PRNC and people just went straight to Raleigh. I'd guess the bean counters are looking making financial savings.

ws1602

Lantern Swinger
It doesn't have to be fair, it's what the employer wants. PRNC has been stopped for a couple of entries to see if it's worth continuing with it or just go back to the old scheme where there was no PRNC and people just went straight to Raleigh. I'd guess the bean counters are looking making financial savings.
it's like you said money is getting tighter so if they can scrap and just get people straight to Raleigh that'll be better on the pockets.

ws1602

Lantern Swinger
UPDATE #23

My joint date has changed!!!

It is now 99% confirmed that I will now be joining in November this year... in 3 months time.

No idea about a PRNC though so unsure as to whether I will have one or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WannabePilot18

Midshipman
UPDATE #23

It is now 99% confirmed that I will now be joining in November this year... in 3 months time.

You still not joined yet, hang in there passed out and have almost finished the WE course feel bad for you

Asasioun

Badgeman
UPDATE #23

You get your start date first, then you get your PRNC date, though they may sack it off soon depending on the next couple of classes

Good news though, you'll enjoy it, just make sure your ironing, folding and fitness are

Sent using Tapatalk

ws1602

Lantern Swinger
You get your start date first, then you get your PRNC date, though they may sack it off soon depending on the next couple of classes

Good news though, you'll enjoy it, just make sure your ironing, folding and fitness are

Sent using Tapatalk
That’s thing my fitness is low definitely need to get my ass in gear now though!!

SafferBlondie

Midshipman
UPDATE #23

Hey!! What date in November are you? I'm starting Raleigh then too but haven't found anyone starting and time as me

ws1602

Lantern Swinger
UPDATE #24

Received a phone call today from AFCO advising that my joining date is now been confirmed and PRNC requested.

I am now officially finally joining the RN on the 3rd Feb 2020.... so back to February again.

Never mind, time to get fit and plenty of time to do it!

Sumo

War Hero
UPDATE #24

Received a phone call today from AFCO advising that my joining date is now been confirmed and PRNC requested.

I am now officially finally joining the RN on the 3rd Feb 2020.... so back to February again.

Never plenty of time, just do it

LegioIX

UPDATE #24

Congratulations. Looks like i'll be joining you, AFCO just called and told me my start date is on the 3rd Feb 2020 as well.

ws1602

Lantern Swinger
UPDATE #25

So I have received my PRNC date today. 2nd December... typical has to be on my birthday but hey ho nothing like being at HMS Collingwood for your 23rd :)

Although I have looked through some of the "PRNC" threads I cannot see one that is up to-date and that is somewhat recent, wish there was definitive guide or more information other than running and swimming... unless I have missed something.

Once I have been I will create a diary, for all intensive purposes, so that it helps other people.

If anyone has any advice/experience of PRNCs I will greatly appreciate it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS News story: Authorisation application deadlines for Christmas period 2018 MoD News 0
VilliersBucks Warfare Officer Application 2018 Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
Sugar_Rush 2018 Application Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 15
MoD_RSS Work carried out by the Animals in Science Committee on 2018/19 Commission of Work MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Director’s statement on the publication of the Labour Market Enforcement Annual Report 2018/19 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Geography in Government Awards 2018 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Inspection report published: Annual inspection of ‘Adults at Risk in Immigration Detention’ (2018–19) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Veterinary pharmacovigilance in the UK annual review 2018 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Circular 017/2018: Updated Home Office guidance on police misconduct MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Outbreaks of Koi herpesvirus (KHV) disease in 2018 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Youth Justice Statistics for 2018/19 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS British Embassy hosts 2018-2019 class of Chevening scholars MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Response to the remit and recommendations for the Financial Policy Committee: Budget 2018 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Amanda Spielman launches Ofsted's Annual Report 2018/19 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Civil news: HPCDS opportunity for 2018 standard contract holders MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Building (Amendment) Regulations 2018: circular 03/2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Insolvency (Scotland) rules 2018: summary of queries. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Traffic Commissioners for Great Britain publish 2018-19 annual report MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK Hydrographic Office 2018-2019 Annual Report released MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Highways England statement following publication of DfT’s Reported road casualties in Great Britain: 2018 report MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Fishing industry in 2018 statistics published MoD News 0
MoD_RSS If your charity last did an annual return before 12 November 2018 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Annual IP crime and enforcement report: 2018 to 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Certification Annual Report 2018-2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Outcomes Delivery Plan 2018-19 End-Year Report MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Alister Jack comments on GERS 2018-19 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Our tech sector has already attracted more foreign investment this year than it did for the whole of 2018: article by Nicky Morgan MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Substantial director bans in 2018/19 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS 6 things to know about our performance in 2018-19 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Environment Agency publishes Annual Report 2018-2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS CMA publishes Annual Report 2018 to 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS IPO annual report 2018 to 2019 reveals a record-breaking year MoD News 0
MoD_RSS MAIB Annual Report 2018 published MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK company statistics: 2018 to 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Planning Inspectorate publishes its 2018/19 Annual Report and Accounts MoD News 0
MoD_RSS School inspection update: academic year 2018 to 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Charity Commission publishes its 2018 to 2019 annual report and accounts MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Foreign Office launches 2018 Human Rights and Democracy Report MoD News 0
J My Joining Process 2018 - 2019 Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
MoD_RSS News story: VMD Survey of Controlled Drugs Disposal 2018 – Summary of responses MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: 2018 to 2019 adult education budget and 19-24 traineeships funding over delivery MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: More than 1000 new magistrates recruited in 2018 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Biometrics Commissioner 2018 annual report: update MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Annual Safety Review 2018 published MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: River Thames Scheme: Archaeological Surveys 2018 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: River Thames Scheme: Environmental Surveys 2018 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: RPA confirms 2018 BPS and CS bridging payments MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: UK flu levels according to PHE statistics: 2018 to 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: UK flu levels according to PHE statistics: 2018 to 2019 MoD News 0