Sumo

War Hero
I know what you mean ws1602.. I’ve been wanting to join for a few years and not having a date to work towards really tests your determination to keep fit and healthy but as someone who’s just got a date in 4 months, I’m glad I kept my phys going most of the time and I now feel super motivated to ramp it up as there’s that light at the end of the tunnel.. chin up. Every time you workout, you’re closer to joining
good luck

Sumo

War Hero
Keep fit, you would be gutted if offered a short notice date, and they switched off the light at the end of the tunnel because you had become lazy, and offered your place to someone else?

UPDATE #21

And so we wait......

I am still waiting for a start and a PRNC date and it's very difficult to keep myself motivated. Currently losing the faith cannot help but feel that it's the world's longest tunnel and the light is very small.

Needless to say I am trying to kick myself *********** and get back into the gym & running as I haven't been running in 3 months (since the new year).

Any advice on keeping the "faith" would be appreciated.
Keeping the Faith? Oh dearie me...you are beginning to sound just like that temporary resident kept waiting at #10 Down-in-the-Dumps Street of White-rabbit-Hall.

Easily fixed - Just keep scuttling backwards & forwards twixt Brussels/Strasbourg & home with regular injections of insulation. Time will fly & you'll soon get there. (Like/by May the 23rd ?)
Remember to pack a sense of humour plus a huge pair of...DELETED BY MODS...

:WINK:WINK:

Texast

Midshipman
I feel you mate. Been in the process for about 18 months now my Raleigh date was supposed to be 6 weeks now due to reasons out of my control it’s had to be deferred and I won’t even be able to apply for another date for about two months now. The only thing that’s helped me keep the faith is that I have no plan b!

Shipspotter

Badgeman
UPDATE #21

And so we wait......

I am still waiting for a start and a PRNC date and it's very difficult to keep myself motivated. Currently losing the faith cannot help but feel that it's the world's longest tunnel and the light is very small.

Needless to say I am trying to kick myself *********** and get back into the gym & running as I haven't been running in 3 months (since the new year).

What you joining as mate?

Anchor Faced

Lantern Swinger
UPDATE #21

And so we wait......

Throw on some prober 'throbber' documentaries, hit some press ups, remember how far you have come.

Maran?4

Midshipman
I would chase it up (if you haven’t already) I found out my date of entry and prnc within a few hours of a bid being put in for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

monolord

Midshipman
I’ve tried.

They said “just sit and be patient” which is easier said than done.
I was in the same situation for about a year and a half waiting for a date and out of the blue I was given a start date in 6 months time. Try and look at now as a perfect opportunity to get yourself as fit as possible before starting HMS Raleigh so you can save yourself the panic later on when you do get a date.