@Asasioun When did you have your interview? Also seriously well done on the weight loss, that must have been some serious discipline.
Thank you... Christmas hasn't helped, but back on the grind.

Which interview? I've had my selection interview, that's mentioned on my profile, I haven't heard anything about security/vetting if that's what you're on about, I'm assuming it'll be some time end of April, start of May. When I know, it'll be up on here.

Sent using Tapatalk

@Asasioun Ah right sorry missed that, I was just asking as I have done the medical and the RT but I haven't had my interview yet, whereas most people have their interview before medical
I'm exactly the same - I've only done my RT and sent my medical forms. Haven't had my interview yet... It will come, I've just noticed others having an interview before medical.

@Asasioun, I have my youngest son already in the Navy (Nov 2016) and now one of his older brothers' has also applied last year in May. Anyway he completed his Security Clearance form on 1 August last year and he's still waiting for a date...how did you manage to get yours through so quickly? He's joining as ET(SM). Oh, they are also both dual citizens. :)

@Asasioun, I have my youngest son already in the Navy (Nov 2016) and now one of his older brothers' has also applied last year in May. Anyway he completed his Security Clearance form on 1 August last year and he's still waiting for a date...how did you manage to get yours through so quickly? He's joining as ET(SM). Oh, they are also both dual citizens. :)
What else has he done since then? What kind of ET? And ME or a WE?

My security stuff hasn't been completed yet, as far as I know, I'm expecting to get a date for a sec interview at some point in the next month or two, not that I've been told I have one.
I think I just managed to get through my medical stuff pretty quickly tbh.

Other than luck, or him applying as an ETWE, instead of ETME, the only thing I can think of would be that I got a really high test score?

Sent using Tapatalk

He's going for ME. I must say everything else went pretty fast, it's just the security clearance. He was in the British Army till 2014 then came back here, did odd jobs then he did Security on one of the MSC cruise ships, got bored with that and managed to get onto Anti-piracy on the cargo ships, maybe that's why it's taking so long, they went into some dodgy ports but never disembarked off the ship. Thanks anyway for your input...by the way, it's going to be 32 degrees here in Gauteng today :cool:

He's going for ME. I must say everything else went pretty fast, it's just the security clearance. He was in the British Army till 2014 then came back here, did odd jobs then he did Security on one of the MSC cruise ships, got bored with that and managed to get onto Anti-piracy on the cargo ships, maybe that's why it's taking so long, they went into some dodgy ports but never disembarked off the ship. Thanks anyway for your input...by the way, it's going to be 32 degrees here in Gauteng today :cool:
Yeah, cruise ships...

I looked at getting a 6-12 month contract on one before joining the RN, decided against it because it's a security minefield.

All the time on the ship is 'abroad', and there are port stops and a bunch of other things, just everything you don't wanna send to vetting.

Sent using Tapatalk

Hey, regarding the psychometric test, do you get paper to do quick workings out or is it supposed to be all done in your head. thanks..

Yeah, left side of the answer booklet is blank for your working out. And the right side’s to cross the answers.

The questions are not particularly difficult but you’ll be racing against the clock so can’t afford to spend too long on one question.

Good luck!

Last edited: