Asasioun

Badgeman
@Asasioun When did you have your interview? Also seriously well done on the weight loss, that must have been some serious discipline.
Thank you... Christmas hasn't helped, but back on the grind.

Which interview? I've had my selection interview, that's mentioned on my profile, I haven't heard anything about security/vetting if that's what you're on about, I'm assuming it'll be some time end of April, start of May. When I know, it'll be up on here.

Sent using Tapatalk

KeepGoing

Midshipman
@Asasioun Ah right sorry missed that, I was just asking as I have done the medical and the RT but I haven't had my interview yet, whereas most people have their interview before medical

SafferBlondie

Midshipman
@Asasioun Ah right sorry missed that, I was just asking as I have done the medical and the RT but I haven't had my interview yet, whereas most people have their interview before medical
I'm exactly the same - I've only done my RT and sent my medical forms. Haven't had my interview yet... It will come, I've just noticed others having an interview before medical.

KeepGoing

Midshipman
I'm exactly the same - I've only done my RT and sent my medical forms. Haven't had my interview yet... It will come, I've just noticed others having an interview before medical.
Ah ok must be a new thing then, hopefully it won't be too long til it comes around then.

zulujools

Badgeman
@Asasioun, I have my youngest son already in the Navy (Nov 2016) and now one of his older brothers' has also applied last year in May. Anyway he completed his Security Clearance form on 1 August last year and he's still waiting for a date...how did you manage to get yours through so quickly? He's joining as ET(SM). Oh, they are also both dual citizens. :)

Asasioun

Badgeman
@Asasioun, I have my youngest son already in the Navy (Nov 2016) and now one of his older brothers' has also applied last year in May. Anyway he completed his Security Clearance form on 1 August last year and he's still waiting for a date...how did you manage to get yours through so quickly? He's joining as ET(SM). Oh, they are also both dual citizens. :)
What else has he done since then? What kind of ET? And ME or a WE?

My security stuff hasn't been completed yet, as far as I know, I'm expecting to get a date for a sec interview at some point in the next month or two, not that I've been told I have one.
I think I just managed to get through my medical stuff pretty quickly tbh.

Other than luck, or him applying as an ETWE, instead of ETME, the only thing I can think of would be that I got a really high test score?

Sent using Tapatalk

zulujools

Badgeman
He's going for ME. I must say everything else went pretty fast, it's just the security clearance. He was in the British Army till 2014 then came back here, did odd jobs then he did Security on one of the MSC cruise ships, got bored with that and managed to get onto Anti-piracy on the cargo ships, maybe that's why it's taking so long, they went into some dodgy ports but never disembarked off the ship. Thanks anyway for your input...by the way, it's going to be 32 degrees here in Gauteng today :cool:

Asasioun

Badgeman
He's going for ME. I must say everything else went pretty fast, it's just the security clearance. He was in the British Army till 2014 then came back here, did odd jobs then he did Security on one of the MSC cruise ships, got bored with that and managed to get onto Anti-piracy on the cargo ships, maybe that's why it's taking so long, they went into some dodgy ports but never disembarked off the ship. Thanks anyway for your input...by the way, it's going to be 32 degrees here in Gauteng today :cool:
Yeah, cruise ships...

I looked at getting a 6-12 month contract on one before joining the RN, decided against it because it's a security minefield.

All the time on the ship is 'abroad', and there are port stops and a bunch of other things, just everything you don't wanna send to vetting.

Sent using Tapatalk

mp90

Hey, regarding the psychometric test, do you get paper to do quick workings out or is it supposed to be all done in your head. thanks..

JKelso

Midshipman
Yeah, left side of the answer booklet is blank for your working out. And the right side’s to cross the answers.

The questions are not particularly difficult but you’ll be racing against the clock so can’t afford to spend too long on one question.

Good luck!

Last edited:

ws1602

Lantern Swinger
UPDATE #21

And so we wait......

I am still waiting for a start and a PRNC date and it's very difficult to keep myself motivated. Currently losing the faith cannot help but feel that it's the world's longest tunnel and the light is very small.

Needless to say I am trying to kick myself *********** and get back into the gym & running as I haven't been running in 3 months (since the new year).

Any advice on keeping the "faith" would be appreciated.

Max9393

Lantern Swinger
UPDATE #21

And so we wait......

I am still waiting for a start and a PRNC date and it's very difficult to keep myself motivated. Currently losing the faith cannot help but feel that it's the world's longest tunnel and the light is very small.

Needless to say I am trying to kick myself *********** and get back into the gym & running as I haven't been running in 3 months (since the new year).

If you really want it, the motivation won't leave. Unless laziness is getting you
Start training for it now it'll make it alot easier when you get there.

KeepGoing

Midshipman
Take it easier for now, just try get into a decent shape and level of fitness so that when you get a start date you can easily ramp it up for PRNC/Raleigh. Otherwise you will find it a lot more difficult to get going.

I know what you mean though, I only have a few months wait to start and it is more difficult to get motivated when you are just waiting to start/for info

SafferBlondie

Midshipman
[/QUOTE]

I'm feeling similar... Although this is something I want more than anything so the motivation is there. But the fact that I may only get to training in September is a long wait. A really long wait.

Will keep soldiering on and time will fly by.
Keep pushing... On the days you don't feel like it then find something to get your running shoes on - a run partner, a fitness class, a pretty someone at the gym... It all helps.
Don't lose sight of that light no matter how small it may be.

You will get there!!!

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
It all boils down as to whether you want to join up or not, it's as simple as that. Don't forget someone ahead of you could drop out and you could be offered an earlier entry date, if you don't keep your fitness levels up you aren't doing yourself any favours.

Taztiff

War Hero
It all boils down as to whether you want to join up or not, it's as simple as that. Don't forget someone ahead of you could drop out and you could be offered an earlier entry date, if you don't keep your fitness levels up you aren't doing yourself any favours.
It happens.
My lad got a mid week call - 'Can you join this Sunday?'
Errrr,
I suggested it wasn't advisable as he had let his fitness drop after PRNC. He thought he another 6 months.

He politely declined and got a slot 2 weeks after that - it was hard work for him to get back to fitness and get through Phase 1.
Done it though :)

Kids eh?

Exprop

Lantern Swinger
I remember a piece of advice given me when I was first training for a marathon - "Reasons not to train accumulate throughout the day". It is easiest to get into a routine of running regularly if you do it early in the day before the reasons/excuses start.

SpannerRat

Lantern Swinger
I know what you mean ws1602.. I’ve been wanting to join for a few years and not having a date to work towards really tests your determination to keep fit and healthy but as someone who’s just got a date in 4 months, I’m glad I kept my phys going most of the time and I now feel super motivated to ramp it up as there’s that light at the end of the tunnel.. chin up. Every time you workout, you’re closer to joining