2011 Pay

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by lucretia, May 3, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,

Does any one have a link to the 2011 pay scales for ratings? I have searched, but I keep getting the 2009 one.

Thanks

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Here: http://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/linkedfiles/careers/upload/pdf/l4_pay_08[1]_20100726132007.pdf

New Entry rates of pay are now £13,895 gross upon joining the service, raising to Level 1 at £17,265 at week 26.

Thereafter the annual pay increase, paid at the anniverary of the 26 week pay rise (or 12 months after each promotion) will increase as follows:

Level 2 £17,736
    Level 3 £18,207
    Level 4 £19,779
    Level 5 £20,832

Rises above £21K remain frozen at the same rate as 2010 until April 2013.

Last edited: May 3, 2011
  3. This is exactly what I was after.

Thanks

4. As I have found in the past... Ninja_Stoker is the font of all (useful and useless) knowledge :D

5. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Shame he's got such a small penis, though... apparently. :oops:

6. Ninja_Stoker

True.

I was tempted to suggest the larger ones are to be found in the Service Police, but obviously wouldn't make such a claim in the public domain. :toothy8:

7. How come all reg's are named Richard anyhow?

8. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

BOOTTWU: Hmm, totally confoodled by that member's posts - no idea who he is (I even have my doubts that he is a Reggy, let alone SIB) so his nomination is totally justified... :wink:

9. Sgt P,

Just log his details* in your little black book for now (if you have any empty pages left?) then, as you chaps do, you just can fit him up good 'n' proper later on.

http://www.navy-net.co.uk/fleet/31173-general-appeal-13.html

If he's just Walting as an SIB Reggie then he's chosen a good branch for the company.

10. Just a quick couple of questions for you please Mr Ninja...

Are the pay rises you mentioned just standard after 1 year, can they not be attained quicker then that depending on how well you do, e.g. is that just the minimum or is it the same for everyone..

And also what do you mean about the pay freeze over 21k? Not heard of this?

Thanks in advance..

11. You can get accelerated advancement in some branches depending on how good you are on career courses and go to higher pay bands but if you stay in the same rate annual increment levels are exactly that. It doesn't matter if you are Sherlock Holmes smarter brother or a complete spacker, you can't be accelerated through increment levels as they are time based, not ability based.

12. Ninja_Stoker

Eloquently put.

All those in the Armed Forces earning over £21K have a government imposed pay freeze.