2007-- why will you remember it? if at all

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by brazenhussy, Dec 17, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The year 2007 is rapidly fading away...but I'm sure it must have left some indellible memories in the minds of certain individuals.

Are you one of them? Any memorable event - positive or negative - that will make 2007 an unforgettable year for you??

[​IMG]

2. I think I have wanted to kill myself more often this year than any other in memory. I'm curious if this is a trend that will increase in future years ... hmm

3. After 27 years, 5 months and 1 day I decided after all that life in a blue suit wasn't for me and left the mob. :whew:

4. My birthday 1st january

5. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

After 24 years 1 month and 1 day I submitted 12 months notice, sick to death of feeling like the boy with his finger in the dyke. I also finally realised that all of my civvy mates were earning more money than I was with significantly less crap, why they waited this long to tell me I'll never know....... apparently they thought I had remained in because I loved it so much :threaten:

6. Finding this wonderful site
    :thumright: :thumright: :thumright: :thumright: :thumright: :thumright: :thumright:

7. After 33 years finally left the Corps..sad day but life goes on, new job is great.

Shaun

8. Me too! After 8 years left the Mob on 23 Nov and still no job. Is the grass greener? Standby.

9. 2007 still not got my life back after my husband died of cancer 2005.
    Nothing to look forward to,just existed,then a lovely e-mail out of the blue welcoming me to another website and now hey met the new love of my life,got engaged and am looking forward to 2008 and getting married in June.
    Never give up hope life can only get better.
    Perhaps not what you were looking for Brazen,but love a happy ending
    MH
    xx

10. Finally plucked up the courage to retire.And have not stopped laughing since.
    Lessons learned, you will never achieve all you set out too. Be happy with what ever achievements you have made.
    And finding R.R.
    All the best A.W.Anchor

11. Levers_Aligned

Levers_Aligned War Hero Moderator

Hard work. Disillusionment. Embarrassment. Frustration. Resolve.

I don't think I have worked a harder year than 2007. My missus was ill during my time away and I kinda got the notion the mission was more important. Spent the summer thumping desks to get minor victories yet still ended up frustrated. Feel deeply embarrassed by the Cornwall incident still. But I'm resolute. Things have changed. Maybe I will stay and endure more years of shit.

Levers

12. I thought this was 2009!!

I must stop drinking !

anyone know what happened to the last 2yrs?

13. So Chico, you'll be 1 on 1st January 2008? ;)

2007 is the year I finally moved jobs after working since 1985 in the same section and getting stale*. Ill health forced me, reluctantly, to change jobs and work part-time. Although I felt very depressed at times, now that I get more sleep (as an insomniac it's often 0300 before I feel sleepy) rising at 0900, I feel better and feel life's worth living again. Love my new job - working with the public without fear or favour.

*I have been ambitionless since achieving almost all my goals by 1985! :biggrin: :lol:

14. THe one thing I will remember about 2007 is comming back from deployment to see my son walk for the first time. Thinking about it now brings a lump to my throat. :money:

15. Recognising that I really hadn't enjoyed my job for the last couple of years in the mob, being able to actually enjoy what I'm doing and looking forward to going into work again.

16. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

I wont look back on 2007 with any fondness, it was the year I rolled the dice and got a pair of 7's. Still, least I'm not pregnant.

17. For me it was taking part in the 'Falklands 25' Commemorations in London in June. A very emotional, but also a very well organized event. Was great to meet up with some old friends once again and share a few beers with them all.

I also finally managed to march 'up the Mall', which is something I always wanted to do since joining the RN all those years ago. :)

Was also invited to a Royal Garden Party in July, wife in attendance, with many of the SAMA 82 gang and the event was a great day.

18. Well I was made redundant from my last company due to owner retiring and closing up. I therefore started my own company and it's still going.

I also asked my misses to marry me whilst we were on holiday this year nad she said yes.

So had lots of ups and downs but it's not been a bad year for me.

My thoughts are with the families who've lots someone this year out in the war torn areas

19. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

Found RR, for some an electronic Shangri-la where it is always tot time, for others an encyclopedia of naval history, and for youngsters there's Auntie Ninja's creche with the monster hig looming like the wolf stalking the three little pigs. And for those who miss fox hunting there's always Norman breaking from cover.

20. The Good Bits:

Finding Rum Ration and getting in touch with old oppos from years ago via Forces Reunited and bringing back many happy memories.

The Bad Bits:

Finally realising that after 23 years service the NHS is broken and beyond repair but I keeping bashing on regardless.(Must be mad)

Corrupt goverment officials who wouldnt know the truth if it got up and bite them on the backside.
    Treating our service people like something you scrape off the bottom of your shoe.

I could go on but it'll only depress me more.

Hope 2008 is better but it doesnt look good so far.