20 Russian Submariners and Dockies Die

Discussion in 'Submariners' started by Nutty, Nov 8, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Reports coming in tonight that 20 Russian Submariners and Dock Yard Mateys have been killed in a fire related accident on a boat in a Pacific Dockyard.

May their particular God be with them.

Boat Accident

2. Sounds like an activation of a halon dump or something similar. It's at these times every submariner in the world thinks "But for the grace of God there go I..."

RIP boys.
  3. The boat has not officially been named, but is most likely the Akula-class Nerpa, which would be a match since she'd be likely to be on sea trials now - the boat had been recently working up as part of her sale to the Indian navy, to which she was due to be transferred in 2009
    See also:
  4. Them Russian sub lads are having a rough trot how many fires on board Russian subs this year?

5. The BBC are now reporting that a chemical fire suppressant system was set off with out any fire to suppress. The chemical used is fatal to humans hence a death toll between 20 and 40.

Over 200 people were on board the boat which was undergoing sea trials prior to its delivery to the Indian Navy as Spearfish stated.

May their souls rest in Peace.

6. On this of all days, rest in peace sailors. Condolences to families, friends and comrades.
  7. how absolutely tragic. deepest sympathy and condolences to their families and friends.To reiterate jack 77's sentiment. "There but for the grace of God go I/We. R.I.P.

UP SPIRITS................. SPLICEEEEEERS!!!!!!!