2 Year Pay Freeze

Discussion in 'UPO' started by Indomitable, Jun 23, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Along with all the other "public sector" employees, servicemen paid over 21K per year will have no annual pay rise in 2011/12. Those on an incremental pay scale will receive their increments though (suits me). Those earning under 21K will get a small rise (abt £250), the AFPRB will advise on exactly how much.
    You can now see the thinking behind doubling the Operational Bonus payment.
  2. I was under the impression that the armed forces were exempt from the pay freeze?
  3. From where did you gain that impression? It's been made pretty clear everywhere I've looked.
  4. Definitely not exempt.
    MoD website:

5. It's just the impression I got from the various snipits of news I've overheard. I will admit I haven't looked into it in any shape or form, I've not really looked at any of the budget in any shape or form yet.
  6. So you don't care then?
  7. Nothing to do with not caring, more to do with I have bigger things to worry about before the budget
  8. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Which group will be first out on strike? My monies on the water fairies - Green Goddess anyone (I believe that they have been paid off at last and you get to use newer toys)
  9. I would love to do Op Fresco 2, some of the best laughs I have had - and it showed me that the Fire Brigade only work for half the year, and for half of that they are asleep.

Anyway, bring it on!
  10. A bit like WAFU's then? :D