2 questions.

#1
I read in a thread that AETs are normally notified of an entry date one term in advance.

Does that mean if your entry date is September 1st (for argument's sake) you'll be notified on June 30th or so?

Sorry if this seems like I'm getting ahead of myself, I'm just trying to get as much info as possible.

At the moment-with the sudden influx of applicants- how long do you (people in the know) think I could be looking at from interview-medical. Assuming I pass my interview, that is.

Cheers
 
#3
sgtpepperband said:
Walk then run, shipmate... :thumright:
Aye, I know. I just want to get a good picture of what's going to happen. Mainly so my boss(es) can't turn around and say I didn't give them adequate, prior warning :wink:
 

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Moderator
#5
If you get allocated a joining date in September-December, you will be notified between Easter to July.

AETs appling now, assuming all elements of selection are passed first attempt, will probably join Sept/Oct.
 
#6
Dr.Zoidberg said:
sgtpepperband said:
Walk then run, shipmate... :thumright:
Aye, I know. I just want to get a good picture of what's going to happen. Mainly so my boss(es) can't turn around and say I didn't give them adequate, prior warning :wink:
giving notice is a gentlemens !!!!agreement, weekly pay would be that notice. monthly pay same as .unless signed for in your contract of employment.
 
#7
scouse said:
unless signed for in your contract of employment.
The contract (which I will find later) has x amount of notice after y time in employment. However, my boss(es) said they would make an exception for me if it has anything to do with the RN. I just want to be prepared :)
 

gregsnell

Lantern Swinger
#8
I made initial contact at the start of November 08, had my RT & eyesight test 04/12/08, medical & selection interview 07/01/09, PJFT 21/01/09 and am starting at Raliegh on 31st May.

However, a friends brother (who went to a different AFCO than me) had his RT on 07/01/09 completed all other tests within 2 weeks and is joining 22nd April. So it seems it can vary quite a bit.
 
#10
Dr.Zoidberg said:
scouse said:
unless signed for in your contract of employment.
The contract (which I will find later) has x amount of notice after y time in employment. However, my boss(es) said they would make an exception for me if it has anything to do with the RN. I just want to be prepared :)[/quote


Sounds like they'll be glad to be shot of you
 
#12
I made first contact in Jan

RT on 20th Feb, Interview on the 9/3/09 an got my eyesight test at an optician this week and my medical monday.

Fella at the Afco said I'd prob be looking at a June at the earliest start time and an August start at the latest.
 

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Moderator
#15
zRichi said:
I made first contact in Jan

RT on 20th Feb, Interview on the 9/3/09 an got my eyesight test at an optician this week and my medical monday.

Fella at the Afco said I'd prob be looking at a June at the earliest start time and an August start at the latest.
You would probably be pushing it for a start date in August due to leave, however you may well be lucky to get a start date in June if you started the process in February. That said, do bear in mind that courses are filling fast due to the huge increase in applications at present, so waiting times may well increase.

Good luck.
 
#16
There is a difference in what notice an employer has to give to an employee, and the notice an employee has to give to his employer. As scouse tried to say, it is commonly accepted that if you are paid monthly, you can give one months notice, if you are paid weekly, you can give one weeks notice. You can also take any holidays owed in lieu of notice, so if you are paid monthly, for example, and you are due three weeks holiday, you can give one weeks notice. In reality, if you just walk out the door, there is little that they can do except refuse to pay you what you are still due.
 
#18
Dr.Zoidberg said:
To be perfectly honest. This has absolutely nothing to do with the original questions :?
The original questions were fully answered on the first page, but if you want dozens of answers,typically two to three months and two to three weeks respectively.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L RMR 2
janner Site Issues 7
L RMR 4

Similar threads

Latest Threads