2 Questions that I have

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by ReadymadeMonkey, Oct 3, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey Guys

Iv just completed the PJFT. The only thing that I have to complete is security clearance. My question is how long will it be until the AFCO will contact me. It will be a week on Sunday should I phone them on the Monday or leave it till they contact me?

Secondly, the girlfriend and I have decided that she wants to come with me. Do the navy provide couples accommodation or what would be the deal with that? And also would we need to be married for her to be able to come?

2. Your girlfried wants to join you at Raleigh? Not sure you could get her into an A4 size for your locker but hey anythings worth a try.
  3. After Raleigh..
  4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Well done Mike. The AFCO may not necessarily contact you - the PJFT result is emailed, but you may wish to give them a ring to check the results are through & that your Careers adviser has clicked the "Request Allocation" button.

Whilst in training, you will live in service accommodation on a base. Whilst in phase two (trade training) you may request service families accommodation so that it can be allocated when you pass out, assuming you know where you are being drafted - if you fulfill the eligibility criteria (married and/or dependent children etc) as defined here, in JSP 752, Chapter 1 Section 4. http://www.raf.mod.uk/community/getmedia/downloader.cfm?file=E3A941EE-5056-A318-A82058E601058162 (takes a while to download)
  5. Thank you Ninja awesome information as always :)