2 Killed In Afghanistan

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by TattooDog, Mar 4, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. According to BBC, 2 soldiers from 29 Cdo RA have been killed in Afghanistan.

BBC News

2. Are we growing complacent?

RIP both!
  3. RIP , Thoughts to the Families & Mates ,
  4. Rip
  5. At ease gentlemen. Godspeed the rest home soon.
  6. Condolances to family and friends. Especially this regiment (25 years ago I watched many friends from the regiment go south, not now involved but their loss is still keenly felt - hope the rest get home safely!)
  7. R.I.P Condolences to family and friends.
  8. My brother in law is out there at the mo, says its the worst he's ever seen. No kit, no help, no chance.

RIP guys.
  9. Sadly more condolences to the families and friends. RIP
  10. RIP lads.
    thoughts to you families, mates and colleagues

this is becoming a bit of a habit
  11. What the f**k are we there for anyway. Bring our lads back!!
  12. Nice one Tony, whens your boy joining up again.
    RIP guys thoughts with the families
    Aye Ian
  13. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

RIP Fellas,
  14. RIP lads deepest condolences to your families and oppos

15. Very sad, and all too frequent. RIP lads sounds a bit hollow when it is repeated over and over again.
    I have lived through WWII, Korea, and everything since, and always thought there was some purpose behind those conflicts. In my opinion there is NOTHING to justify wasting our lads (and lasses) in these useless excursions into areas in which we had no legitimate reason to intrude.

Rest in peace lads, let us just hope that this Nation will rise out of it's welfare induced torpor, and remember you.

A very sad 2BM.
  16. I echo all the comments above.

2BM, you are right, at least past conflicts had aims and justifications. I honestly believe the actions we are undertaking at the moment only serve to increase the threat to us all. Funny I thought I'd joined up to defend the realm. Personally I've been involved in nothing but supporting this unneccesary aggression.

I imagine some of the older guys here used to proudly tell people they served their country; I'm not sure this is still possible.

Rest In Peace.
  17. So what was the legitimate reason for world war 2? Was it an evil dictator invading his neighbours and persicuting different ethnic groups?

the only crime comited by this country was letting it carry on for as long as it did.

dont get me wrong i feel sorry for everyone that dies. but its just as justifiable as world war 2. and thousends die. i have mates who have served and are serving in both iraq and afghnistan. im thankful everytime they come back.

Any way RIP lads