2 Killed In Afghanistan

Condolances to family and friends. Especially this regiment (25 years ago I watched many friends from the regiment go south, not now involved but their loss is still keenly felt - hope the rest get home safely!)

Very sad, and all too frequent. RIP lads sounds a bit hollow when it is repeated over and over again.
I have lived through WWII, Korea, and everything since, and always thought there was some purpose behind those conflicts. In my opinion there is NOTHING to justify wasting our lads (and lasses) in these useless excursions into areas in which we had no legitimate reason to intrude.

Rest in peace lads, let us just hope that this Nation will rise out of it's welfare induced torpor, and remember you.

A very sad 2BM.

2badge_mango said:
Very sad, and all too frequent. RIP lads sounds a bit hollow when it is repeated over and over again.
I have lived through WWII, Korea, and everything since, and always thought there was some purpose behind those conflicts. In my opinion there is NOTHING to justify wasting our lads (and lasses) in these useless excursions into areas in which we had no legitimate reason to intrude.

Rest in peace lads, let us just hope that this Nation will rise out of it's welfare induced torpor, and remember you.

A very sad 2BM.
I echo all the comments above.

2BM, you are right, at least past conflicts had aims and justifications. I honestly believe the actions we are undertaking at the moment only serve to increase the threat to us all. Funny I thought I'd joined up to defend the realm. Personally I've been involved in nothing but supporting this unneccesary aggression.

I imagine some of the older guys here used to proudly tell people they served their country; I'm not sure this is still possible.

Rest In Peace.

2badge_mango said:
So what was the legitimate reason for world war 2? Was it an evil dictator invading his neighbours and persicuting different ethnic groups?

the only crime comited by this country was letting it carry on for as long as it did.

dont get me wrong i feel sorry for everyone that dies. but its just as justifiable as world war 2. and thousends die. i have mates who have served and are serving in both iraq and afghnistan. im thankful everytime they come back.

Any way RIP lads