Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2 hr Drive and 15 miles on my journey

Nutty said:
phil1972 said:
I regret to inform you GR that you are in a very small minority on here to have experienced protesting against military power. It does appear to be a commonly held belief that everyone has the right to protest, and we will defend anyones right to do such, just don't prevent anyone else from getting on with their lawful business until you have persauded the majority to make that activity illegal.

If the only means by which you expect to get the law changed is to break other laws you are showing contempt for the rest of society and should be dealt with accordingly. It would appear that some protestors believe in democracy when it suits and demand their human rights etc, but when the majority do not concur on a matter they believe in profoundly they disregard democracy and take the law into their own hands. Were the military to do the same it would be called a coup.

Fortunately the British Military have more sense and discipline.

Phil

Does that apply to the Country Side Alliance, protests including assaulting Police Officer in Parliment Square.

National Farmers Union and National Road Haulage Industry blocking roads and slow moving convoys in protest at fuel price rises.

I see a protesters LINK here "Country Side Alliance" and "National Farmers Union", quick get MI5 possible terrorist cells.

Animanl rights protestors objecting to lorry loads of 1 week old animals being driving from UK to Greece in open slat side lorries for 70 odd hours with no stops or water in sub zero winter tempretures. Then being kicked off, yes booted like footballs off the lorries at the other end.

Parents blocking roads outside courts when some objectional offender appears in court.

????????????????????

Nutty

Interesting points nutty - hadn't thought of those comparisons.

As you know Phil I've never made a secret of my brief flirtation with the peace camp and similar activities. In terms of actively participating this period probably only lasted for a couple of years in my 20s though I remained vehemently anti-nuclear for a long time afterwards and still am in many ways the main reasons being that I don't trust any government to produce the materials for them safely nor with the power to deploy them even if that power is mainly wielded in the form of deterrence rather than agression.

I've lived through times when governments made changes to how and where it would permit people to protest so I'm afraid I regard strictly abiding by the law in this area with slightly less reverence than you do Phil - but thank goodness we live in a society where its still possible for us to coexist. I think we all need to fight to preserve that too.

josiecats

War Hero
dondon said:
josiecats said:
think summer time is the worst..
it takes me 45 mins to drive to my mums..(well lite speed anyway!!)yet in the summer can take up to 2hours or more... realy gets me mad....... 2 kids ,, 2 dogs all going nuts in the car.. so up goes the music... up goes the temper up goes the missery..........lol......... so now i just tak loads of drink and sweets and toys... well least we get a day out,,, maybe in the car but we are stil out,,,lol

Stay calm "josie" , think of Bruce , loved your phots in the gallery of you in your younger years , guessed straight away that it was you , see ya later ,
lol Don.... i sooooo did not put those pics in..it was done to tease me... :oops:

finknottle

Banned
Interesting responses to my post on page one, all I can say in reply is that these protesters are doing something about a policy that they disagree with when all you lot can do is whine and gripe on an internet forum you should take a leaf from their book, action speaks louder than words.

Phil

On 30th March you said:

Quote "If the only means by which you expect to get the law changed is to break other laws you are showing contempt for the rest of society and should be dealt with accordingly. It would appear that some protestors believe in democracy when it suits and demand their human rights etc, but when the majority do not concur on a matter they believe in profoundly they disregard democracy and take the law into their own hands."Unquote

I then asked you if this applied to the National Farmers Union, Road Haulage Association, Country Side Alliance, Parents out side various courts and Animal rights protestors. You have singularly failed to answer the question was it to hard.

Or like most, is it only applied to protestors you do not like?

In anticipation

Nutty

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS News story: Desert test drive for Mars rover controlled from 1,000 miles away MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New recruitment drive to help 10,000 people with serious mental illness MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The drive to improve motorway journeys for disabled people MoD News 0
MoD_RSS US exports drive home success for UK golf trolley manufacturer MoD News 0
MoD_RSS 100,000 apply to join police in first year of recruitment drive MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Humandrive: vehicle completes 230 mile, self-navigated drive across the UK MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Circular economy measures drive forward ambitious plans for waste MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government sets out plans to drive up smart meter installations MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Homes England commissions MMC research study to drive construction innovation MoD News 0
MoD_RSS More than 3,000 extra officers join police in recruitment drive MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government launches new drive on coronavirus tests for frontline NHS staff MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Prime Minister to lead cross-government drive to defeat coronavirus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Launch of major 'source to sea' natural flood management drive MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Education Secretary: We're going on a discipline drive in schools MoD News 0
MoD_RSS £90 million UK drive to reduce carbon emissions MoD News 0
MoD_RSS End of coal power to be brought forward in drive towards net zero MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Mark Carney to drive finance action for UK climate talks MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Building centres to drive electric revolution: apply for funding MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM renews drive to give more power to Northern regions MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government backs cutting-edge tech to drive down shipping emissions MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Navy seeks innovative ideas to drive world leading autonomy capability MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New Women's Business Council to drive progress on closing the gender pay gap MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New drive to continue boosting standards in schools MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New studies will help drive protections for beetles MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Prime Minister launches police recruitment drive MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Innovative funding models and technologies to drive investment in new wave of low carbon energy MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New investment to drive forward next generation of net zero planes and cars MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK to lead global innovation in sustainable plastics in drive to net zero MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Women in Finance Charter continues to drive change at highest level MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New recruitment drive for Team Tempest MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Recovered appeal: land off Stone Path Drive, Hatfield Peverel (ref: 3162004 - 8 July 2019) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Called-in decision: land off Stone Path Drive, Hatfield Peverel (ref: 3180725 - 8 July 2019) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Experts to drive “real change” in support of teachers’ wellbeing MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: £7.8 million to drive forward innovative ideas to transform railways MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: UK-USA special relationship helps drive British exports to record heights MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Colleges benefit from multi-million fund to drive up standards MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Drive to unleash potential of North East's youngsters stepped-up MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: FCO ministers meet ambassadors and high commissioners of ASEAN member states to drive forward UK-ASEAN ties MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: DIT launches new tool to drive foreign investment MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Dr Liam Fox: Big dreams drive small business to take on the world MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Offender rehabilitation drive boosted by new ROTL rules MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: FCO Ministers meet Ambassadors and High Commissioners of ASEAN member states to drive forward UK-ASEAN ties MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: UK commits to international partnerships to meet shared challenges and drive growth MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Crime news: further drive to boost accurate electronic Crown Court claims MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Jeremy Hunt: Effects of climate change are fuelling conflict, UK to drive forward the global response MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Burglary taskforce will drive work to combat house break-ins MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: UK drinks industry helps drive up British exports MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: We must drive tech innovation and improvement across the NHS MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Government drive to boost attainment in North East schools MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Improving service to customers: The recruitment drive and a better online service MoD News 0