2 deck dash?

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by redmonkey, Jan 29, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. redmonkey

redmonkey Badgeman Book Reviewer

Does the 2 deck dash still happen? Someone must have some experience of it.
    Come on spin the dit. :p
  2. Shippers, if you get a CVS you can do a 2 deck dash, 5 deck dash topped off with a moon to the bridge from the top of the ramp. Not that I could ever reveal details you understand.
  3. 2 Deck Dash and more brave the 5 Deck Dash was common on ARK most were female and used it as an excuse to go wibble whilst naked and avoid deployment. Five went ashore to ditch gash in 2002 dressed in No4s with civvies in gash bags 10 minutes before sailing waived to us from the Round Tower in said civvies as we deployed only one went to Colchester (the best of the bunch) the others went female wibble and got away with being AWOL.
    Thank fcuk I never have to serve in a mixed ships company again.
  4. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Stan: I know that dit - the ones who were on the Round Tower gobbing off and bragging about how they "should've been on board, suckers!" were overheard by the wife of a responsible Killick Stoker who notified Provost, who subsequently did a 'productive' trawl of absentees in the area shortly afterwards... :wink:
  5. redmonkey

redmonkey Badgeman Book Reviewer

Didn't know it was used as a way to get off the ship. only heard of it being done after two tins had been consumed :lol:
  6. A guy sat on the jetty at Weymouth and waved the boat goodbye as we sailed up north.
    He came back not long after,had stopage of leave and that was about all i think.
  7. I knew a few people on my first ship who did the '2 deck dash' after a few tins in the mess :lol: There was a reason to why the 40mm onboard was called 'The Zoo' 8O

I heard about that 2002 'issue', however, I've known more people to throw themselves down a ladder the day before an OST started.............one guy even jumped in the ogin to 'off' himself, not that it worked, the git didn't stop swimming :roll: