Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

2 day sail from plymouth to london any one else going

dantae

Midshipman
so as the titel saids any one else going, also if some one could clue me in as what to expect i would aparchiate it. I am really looking forward to it and a little nurvous at the same time and is going in smart casual clothing ok eg a smart pear of jeans and a shirt

Dantae
Worth your while putting a spelling checker on your computer, the Google site will let you download for free a toolbar which contains one.
May also be worth you learning to write correctly in sentences using a capital letter at the start and also a capital letter I for when you use this letter as a word.
I dont know how old you are but reading your post it would seem that your school has neglected teaching you English. No problem English classes are free at your local college or if you are already in the RN see your education officer. I'm not been pedantic but a good grasp of the English language will help you in any field you choose to enter.
For information at 20 my English was absolutely terrible, I did my GCEs at age 33. So its never too late to start.

I want to reinforce what Slim has just said... My own standard of English when I left school left MUCH to be desired! Ironically it took learning Danish grammar to give me a better grasp of English!

dantae said:
so as the titel saids any one else going, also if some one could clue me in as what to expect i would aparchiate it. I am really looking forward to it and a little nurvous at the same time and is going in smart casual clothing ok eg a smart pear of jeans and a shirt

Dantae

May I pose a few questions

When are you going to sail to London from Plymouth?
On what ship, yacht, boat, craft, vessel will you be on?
Is this a RN craft?
Who will command and crew this vessel?
Who organized this passage?
Why are you doing this?
Will you be part of the working crew or just a passenger sitting about?

With this knowledge we may be able to give you some idea what to expect.

Nutty

F169 said:
slim said:
I'm not been pedantic

LOL!

SorryF169, I think I would have been pedantic if the English written had one, two or even three errors. The posting was such that it should be saved and used as an example of English at its worst. :shock:
If this is the standard schools are turning out then where are all these GCSEs coming from. As I mentioned at 20 my English was rubbish, however it was certainly better than the English in this posting. I'd passed ETFA and ETLR and was an REM(A) waiting for my hook.

Ok i will download the spell check. Basicaly english is the one subject along with art i never paid any atention in im not in the navy yet so after next week think i will pay a little vist to night school but i am not redoing the gcse I have no time for shakespear and poetry (dont worry about the standard of english schools are turning out my grade was an E)

dantae said:
Ok i will download the spell check. Basicaly english is the one subject along with art i never paid any atention in im not in the navy yet so after next week think i will pay a little vist to night school but i am not redoing the gcse I have no time for shakespear and poetry (dont worry about the standard of english schools are turning out my grade was an E)

Dantae
Do the GCSE in English Language which is the subject that you should have been taught at school. English Literature is the subject which teaches Shakespeare and Poetry. Its certainly worth your while ensuring that you attempt both English Language and Mathematics at GCSE and aim for a grade of at least C in each.
Best of luck

dantae said:

Dantae the title of this thread was about a trip, Guzz to the Smoke so answer the questions abiout the trip and ignore the lectures on English Language.

Nutty

Latest Threads