2.8% pay rise

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by higthepig, Mar 31, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. for the Armed Forces announced to-day.Better than nowt eh?

2. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

Astonished that we got more than the MP's!

3. Have your expenses and second home allowances been brought in line?

4. A reaonable pay and pension rise me thinks.

5. but it only means about £66 extra in the pocket for me mate.

cmon the hoops, who are wasps anyway :lol: :wink:

6. still fellas, better than I feared. More would always be nice, but not going to complain in the current climate.

7. tiddlyoggy

You may laugh shippers, but I've recently had something of a struggle to get a travel claim for a duty trip to Pompey approved.

8. Was that due to the pay as you view films you claimed for at the Marriott?

9. tiddlyoggy

Who needs pay as you view? With a laptop and access to all of your oppos educational films, entertainment for the discerning gentleman is easy in this day and age. :wink: I'm sure a cabinet minister can afford to buy her other half a laptop.

10. My RN Retired Pay is going up by 5%, but that's based on last year's increase in the RPI. Still, better than a poke in the eye with a burnt stick, as they say. But better not count the chickens; the barstewards might cut pensions next year.

11. Seems like Clearance Divers came out of the AFPRB very well, especially PO's and above.

12. 5% may seem very reasonable in todays financial climate, and I am not knocking it, but the cost of the necessary outgoings of pensioners has risen far beyond 5%. They tend to buy few MP4 players, 60 inch TVs, etc., and concentrate more on food, fuel, and the other necessities of life.
    The price of those commodities has risen by percentages in double figures.

2BM