2.4km treadmill run

hughesy

Lantern Swinger
I start 15.5 and knock it up towards the end to get under 9 !! That tread mill sound bollocksed !! Try getting under 9 .30
Outside on the Tarmac and you should be fine !

I've been practising my 2.4km run on treadmill and although I can comfortably achieve a good time I recently used a touch screen treadmill and it took nearly 20 seconds to get to the speed I needed to. Hopefully this delay in reaching speed will be taken into account when doing the PJFT?

Went out on a run with a mate tonight. Did the 1.5 mile run in 10.43.

Big difference to doing it on a treadmill that's for sure!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I had my interview today as well. Passed! Just seeing how long it Takes to then do the medical and fitness. I've just completed my security clearance forms. Do I have to wait until it comes back before I can go ahead with the medical etc?

Well I’m only a 16 year old who has been running since the age of 9 and I’ve completed my 2.40km (1.5 mile) run in 9 Minutes and 18 seconds. I am aiming to join the special air service (SAS) but I’d have to go through parachute regiment first meaning it’ll be really tough! I didn’t go below 14.9 km per hour during my 2.40 km run

Well I’m only a 16 year old who has been running since the age of 9 and I’ve completed my 2.40km (1.5 mile) run in 9 Minutes and 18 seconds. I am aiming to join the special air service (SAS) but I’d have to go through parachute regiment first meaning it’ll be really tough! I didn’t go below 14.9 km per hour during my 2.40 km run
You don't have to be a para before going SF, it's open to everyone in the Armed Forces, with some caveats.

Can Anyone answer this for me...

Been running for over 3/4months now doing the 1.5mile only I’ve worked it right down to 9mins 42secs and that’s an average run now aim to run at 9.3mph/15.3kmh but over the weekend and the last two days I’ve got this stitch like feeling under my right rib but I’ve never had it before and now it won’t go away even when I’m walking or resting. I’ve felt the area and it feels bruised even though there’s no mark but I can’t remember bashing it or anything. It’s really starting to affect my running as it’s extremely painful and It’s affecting my time too. Anyone know what it might be ?

Hector

Midshipman
If you have a strain, the best advice is to rest until it clears up. I am not a medical professional though, just speaking from experience.

Genghis

Lantern Swinger
@Cameroon..James99 How's your stitch type thing now? If your still aching and worrying about losing cardio ability when resting an SF friend of mine says you don't lose any VO2 Max for at least 21 days after you stop but if running is giving you jip you should be able to maintain and diversify by doing swimming, cycling and rowing! Maybe even the dreaded cross trainer...