2.4km run; Bleep test or straightforward run?

Discussion in 'RFA' started by Tucano97, Sep 5, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sorry about the pun. I was wondering how the 2.4km run is graded it puts the time at 11.09 for my age and gender on the paper leaflet (email) but on the dvd I was given at sift they show a bleep test and if it is how high are you expected to go, I think my best was nine but that was almost a year ago I'm probaly a bit quicker now.

TL;dr How hard is the runt?

Last edited: Sep 5, 2014
  2. 11 mins 9 secs max of normal running to complete the 2.4k course. Should be considerably easier than 11.9 on a bleep test. How hard it is depends on how fit you are...

3. Google rnft protocols - the pdf booklet tells you everything you could ever want to know about the RN Fitness Test.

• Like Like x 1
  4. No fitness test for RFA. If a matelot tells you to do one tell em to eat shit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
  5. I've applied for RFA, got through to the AIB and was also told about the 2.4km run its on astro (8 1/2 times round an astro pitch) but its not pass or fail. just got to show you put effort in.

6. Aye. For Rfa it's show effort and don't give up. It's only at BRNC

7. So no run at AIB?
    Was given a sheet at my interview which states there is a run to complete but not pass or fail?

8. Aib maybe. But you can't fail.

9. I can can confirm that there is a run at AIB, but as already stated it is not pass of fail in itself. You can lose marks on it though, which can lead to an AIB fail, so make sure you at the very least match the RN requirement. The ociffers overseeing will also mock the RN candidates if you beat them (or at least they did at my AIB!), so its worth putting in the effort.

10. Fantastic response