1st national RR Meet 2008

Sarge, where DID you find that piccy of me taken in Murcia last year surrounded by Mr Nutty's numerous big sisters? o_O

I hope the mud is nice and warm! :razz: I hope GR and Rosie will be there too!

sgtpepperband said:
Ninja_Stoker said:
...There will be a Marquee for Officers, a large tent for Senior Rates/SNCOs and a mud-wrestling pit for Booties & JR's.
Cool! Can I bring my mankini?

Oh God, I've just lost my breakfast, lunch and dinner looking at that pic.....

josiecats

War Hero
johne said:
Not many on line ....7 out of over5000.
far les in reality than 5000 which is sad really as,, this site is a great place to learn about service life.... and make new freinds too.........

Is the Pompey meet still on weekend of 22 Feb? I recall Ninja saying he was going down there and a couple of other people have said they would be around.

HarryBosch said:
Is the Pompey meet still on weekend of 22 Feb? I recall Ninja saying he was going down there and a couple of other people have said they would be around.
it is indeedy babe- fulls details tbc!!!

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Ah, there's obviously different half term dates across the country - my apologies, it never occurred.

I'm due in Pompey on 11th Feb but will have wife & son in tow. (Need to show son how tough it was when I joined on the Victory- not sure he'll believe me on that one, but then again...). It may be difficult negotiating a prolonged leave pass for this one, realistically.

Am in Pompey, Lympstone & Guzz on an "update visit" to all the training bases for a week in July, so was planning on a "Ninja on Tour" event in the hope of putting a few names to faces (for the subsequent "Wanted" posters), along similar lines to Wet Blobby's "Noddy on Tour" Summer extravaganza last year. In fact there will undoubtedly be many similarities including the car & the big ears, but hopefully no PC Plod involvement.

OK Troops it looks like I will be house sitting around South London from 27th July until 7th August 2008 so will be available in the SE if the function is then.

My suggestion, from one who organises a re-union for a few each year is set a date and place as soon as possible and then work around that maybe allow a couple of weeks each way when you see how many would pop along. The Para/Veterans meet in Pompey in early July seems the date to go for and get a tent set up maybe the cost of tent, site etc. would be carried by RR and donations from members I am sure a few of us would put our hands in our pockets if we are going for a publicity day.

But I will be around on the dates advised. If you all just keep talking about it and do nothing then nothing will happen.

Nutty

Ninja_Stoker said:
I'm due in Pompey on 11th Feb but will have wife & son in tow. (Need to show son how tough it was when I joined on the Victory- not sure he'll believe me on that one, but then again...). It may be difficult negotiating a prolonged leave pass for this one, realistically.
that is fine by me hun- only over the water!! with 2 kids myself extended leave pass also awkward!!!

BusterQuin said:
Just a thought, this may be easier than trying to arrange naval base access
The Pompey Para show is being on Southsea Common 5-6th July and this also incorporates a the Veterans Weekend for Portsmouth. There are lots of stands for service related charities, a camping area, bogs, food stalls and most importantly a beer tent
The contact is Bill Stockwell 05601-313014/02380-760141/0790-4270013
I think this is probably the best date yet- if everyone happy then will phone Bill tomoro and enquire as to cost etc................

So people ok with this plan?

Just let me know where and when..
Will be glad to help out etc..
Just 30 odd mins to Pompey if you ignore a few speed limits..

stirling2

Banned
brazenhussy said:
BusterQuin said:
The Pompey Para show is being on Southsea Common 5-6th July and this also incorporates a the Veterans Weekend for Portsmouth. There are lots of stands for service related charities, a camping area, bogs, food stalls and most importantly a beer tent
I think this is probably the best date yet- if everyone happy then will phone Bill tomoro and enquire as to cost etc................

YES.... .it is almost February so best book this date/venue ASAP.

BZ Brazen for getting this off the ground :thumright:

brigham600

War Hero
brazenhussy said:
BusterQuin said:

I was at that event last year (2007) as part of the SAMA crew and we had a great time as it goes. Was all togged up in blazer and medals for the Sunday, as were marching that day. Had plenty of beers in the Paras beer tent (Pegasus Bar) afterwards and eventually got home well sozzled.

Plus, 5th July is MY birthday, so an even better excuse for beer. :)

Look!
I readily admit to being thick as two short..
So, please put agreed dates etc somwhere bloody obvious..
:thumright: :thumright: :thumright: :thumright: