1st national RR Meet 2008

wet_blobby said:
Meet the Navy??? Get out drunk by the Bootnecks more like, what's the date? Someone had better cover Harrys arcs. :dwarf:
Erm, I know it's sometime in the summer, around the time of the old "Navy days, but not sure of the exact dates. Anyone care to post those?

johne

War Hero
Just Thought bring a tent find a site big marquee lots of beer barbie no hotels .Like another said love to put face to names ...caravans moterhomes included :tp:

brazenhussy said:
Ok so we have a mini meet in portsmouth during February - ninja /Silver fox place to meet??

but back to a national meet am phoning Pompey DY tomoro so see about a tent during "meet the navy"--- ideas or views on this please...........
I'd definitely be keen for the national one :thumright:

Ok here are a few ideas -

use a tent at one of the following:

"Meet the Navy" - hmnb portsmouth

Hms Sultan summer show

Hms Collingwood Field Gun Day

or

Southsea summer show.

Sorry they are all Portsmouth, but if we do it at one of these we can promote RR at the same time - (urm just keep me away from the chardonnay or stella!!!)

Blobbs has kindly agreed to help me organise this-- but if any of you fancy helping out with banners / posters / flyers to promote the site then please pm me.

This could be a really good event if we plan it properly etc - what do you think?

johne said:
Just Thought bring a tent find a site big marquee lots of beer barbie no hotels .Like another said love to put face to names ...caravans moterhomes included :tp:
Actually not a bad idea - pitch up in the New Forest - B B Q- Banyan rig a must-----------------!!!!

silverfox

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Ninja_Stoker said:
OK, here's a dodgy idea...

I'm visiting the Naval tailor in Pompey next month (Yes, February Lamri...Jeez). A new Number One uniform suit is required as my previous one has shrunk badly.

Anyone fancy a beer at half term?

One slight snag... My missus is traveling with me, so I can't have too many chicks throwing themselves at my feet.

OK it's not a National event, but I'll go halves on the round.
What dates do I need to put in my diary Ninja?

BusterQuin

War Hero
Just a thought, this may be easier than trying to arrange naval base access
The Pompey Para show is being on Southsea Common 5-6th July and this also incorporates a the Veterans Weekend for Portsmouth. There are lots of stands for service related charities, a camping area, bogs, food stalls and most importantly a beer tent
The contact is Bill Stockwell 05601-313014/02380-760141/0790-4270013

BusterQuin said:
Just a thought, this may be easier than trying to arrange naval base access
The Pompey Para show is being on Southsea Common 7-8th July and this also incorporates a the Veterans Weekend for Portsmouth. There are lots of stands for service related charities, a camping area, bogs, food stalls and most importantly a beer tent
The contact is Bill Stockwell 05601-313014/02380-760141/0790-4270013
cheers babe- on it!!

silverfox said:
Ninja_Stoker said:

I'm visiting the Naval tailor in Pompey next month (Yes, February Lamri...Jeez). A new Number One uniform suit is required as my previous one has shrunk badly.

One slight snag... My missus is traveling with me, so I can't have too many chicks throwing themselves at my feet.

Ship and castle would be ok - or gunwharf somewhere??

Just had a thought, what about the late bank holiday weekend as a starting point. We could see PongoShaggy off on his cycling thing to France for Help4Heroes. I am sure they will be here in Portsmouth on the Sunday because they are getting the 1100 ferry on the Monday. I am going anyway, anyone want to join me?

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
brazenhussy said:
silverfox said:
Ninja_Stoker said:

Ship and castle would be ok - or gunwharf somewhere??
Whoops sorry guys, I don't normally think as far ahead as tomorrow, let alone next month, thats over a week away!

Can I get back on that one- I'm in the area, but haven't negotiated the relevant leave entitlement. Most likely on the monday, I hope.

johne

War Hero
brazenhussy said:
johne said:
Actually not a bad idea - pitch up in the New Forest - B B Q- Banyan rig a must-----------------!!!!
I will put this down as a no go.. :toilet:

johne said:
brazenhussy said:
johne said:
I will put this down as a no go.. :toilet:
This is actually quite a good idea if you think about it, I've got loads of kit...campbeds, tentage....bouncy castles :dwarf: etc.....

make a weekend of it.

IDOITDEEPER said:
A RR meet what a Brilliant idea. Wetblobby could I possibly borrow a tent from you?

Yours Aye
IDOITDEEPER
I'll have to have a look in my storage for you but I dont know if I've one big enough for your ego.

(no, I just caught one.... :dwarf: )

GashHand

Midshipman
'scuse the "late turn to" first post after 4 pages.

Anyway, from personal experience trying to organise this type of thing is a bit of a logistical mare. Insurance, organising beer, people out of pocket in one way or another. SO,..... why not use the Southsea Common show in July( if this is what has already been agreed, excuse me, i'm being a mong!)

They've got various stalls. The land is already booked, and advertised, i would say/hope. AND, most importantly, there's a beer tent! :pukel:

Plus, it's in July, could be good weather aka banyan rig.

just my tuppence worth...

GH