1st national RR Meet 2008

Discussion in 'Social & Reunions' started by brazenhussy, Jan 13, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. So how about it peeps?

If we plan it now for say - August, then we could have a hoofing weekend............

ideas, volunteers to help organise, venues etc .......................
  2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

All at your house, bring a can, scran laid on?
  3. Could always use our place in the Falls Road just down the road from Maureen's florist shop. The last tenant still owes rent!!

Use the black side door knock three times ask for Mavis.

4. Dont mind laying on a b b q - but would be limited as to numbers babe!!

Was thinking more of a proper meet - say home club, or the like...............
  5. Ninja_Stoker

Perhaps if we were to run a poll to see how many (ish) were interested, then chose a venue to match. Are there still two phone-boxes by Unicorn Gate/ can we book them/ or do we need to hire a tent/marquee at (for example) HMS Sultan Summer Fayre or a tent at Collingrads field gun thingy? With a BBQ & a limited amount of 2% (alc by vol) shandy for the Southerners?
  6. I believe the patch of wasteground where Boobs used to be is available.
  7. Meet the navy- have a beer tent in the dockyard????!!!!!
  8. I have no intention of degrading my body by going anywhere near Portsmouth if I can at all get away with it [​IMG]

Seriously, I think it would be better if we stuck to the weekend meets in Pompey/Guzz and London etc to keep numbers more manageable and for more convenience :)
  9. Point taken- I just thought maybe it would be a nice way of getting together and putting names to faces etc......... thats why i said ideas etc..................

I can understand location and traveling could prove a problem, but it could be possible --

so ideas?
  10. Army v Navy is coming up in May as well.
    See if i can stay sober for a weekend this time...ok i will fail miserably...but good intentions etc.
  11. [​IMG]
  12. What about the Union Jack club in London, or something similar? Fairly cheap and a pretty decent location. Rooms aren't bad either. Also, very forces friendly, as the name suggests.
  13. How about watching the RN batter the Army ;) in the Rugger then repair to the Union Jack Club afterwards for a few* wets.

*few = enough to enable us to write BLOBBY on Blobbs' forehead.....
  14. Bangkok??
    Whenevers fine by me chaps and chappettes, I'll get a spread layed on in the King and castle 3 down Patpong. Lady boys a plenty for the Bootnecks!
  15. Ninja_Stoker

OK, here's a dodgy idea...

I'm visiting the Naval tailor in Pompey next month (Yes, February Lamri...Jeez). A new Number One uniform suit is required as my previous one has shrunk badly.

Anyone fancy a beer at half term?

One slight snag... My missus is traveling with me, so I can't have too many chicks throwing themselves at my feet.

OK it's not a National event, but I'll go halves on the round.
  16. Bobby Sands SLIMMER OF THE YEAR 1981. :w00t:
  17. I'll be up for it babe xx
  18. silverfox

silverfox War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I need an excuse to visit...this sounds good enough.
  19. Ok so we have a mini meet in portsmouth during February - ninja /Silver fox place to meet??

but back to a national meet am phoning Pompey DY tomoro so see about a tent during "meet the navy"--- ideas or views on this please...........
  20. If you greet people at the bar dressed in that pink outfit, I think you'll even get Lamri to come along to Pompey!!! :biggrin: