1st July Comp - Confessions of an Air Ambulance Doctor

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by Ageing_Gracefully, Jul 1, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ageing_Gracefully

Ageing_Gracefully War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

First book competition of July brings a gem of a book. A very funny and highly amusing story of a doctor working with an air-ambulance helicopter. For your chance to win a copy of this book just go to Survey Monkey and compete the entry form. The book was reviewed on ARRSE about a year ago under it's other title "You Can't Park There!".The competition will run until Sunday 14th July.

[​IMG]

Original review can be found here: You Can't Park There!

2. Entered in!

3. Ageing_Gracefully

OK, a wee hint as only 20% are getting Q3 right. It is not that hard you just have to read the question and then look for the answer - it is not the obvious one!

4. Done (again), please ignore previous entry that someone else did whilst I wasn't looking (honest, Guv, would I lie!)

5. Not so much a rule, more of a guideline, Aaaar

Attached Files:

6. Done your right No 3 is tricky hope I guessed right 1 in 3 chance

7. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

My winning entry is submitted:fart:

8. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

That over-confident post may come back to haunt you in a couple of weeks... :oops: :wink:

9. Ageing_Gracefully

What for? You can't read!

10. janner

Not for the first time.

11. I'm in

sig. Timothy Lea

12. Ageing_Gracefully

Winners & Answers - Confessions of an Air Amb Dr

Very popular quiz which, despite a heavy clue, only 43% got Q3 correct - more later.

The Publisher, Ebury Publishing, have very generously donated 10 copies of this book, twice the normal number. The winners of this competition, and therefore somebody with good summer reading material; are as follows:

Ss9167
    Bamboozler
    Egg Banjo
    WreckerL
    Aiden
    Alfred the great
    lumpy2
    Hairyarse2
    rebel with a cause
    hungry hippo

I will be contacting the winners through their contact email addresses for their address so I can arrange for the book to be sent to them. Respond asap please folks so I can get this one cleared - you have 2 weeks to claim your prize.

Answers:

Q1 - Dr Bleetman trained as a military doctor with the: Israeli Defence Force

Q2 - The callsign for this HEMS unit is: Helimed999

Q3 - and the one that caused all the problems, this HEMS unit operates in: West Midlands.

I said Q3 was not the obvious answer and the obvious one was London as the blurb spoke about Bleetman starting off in London. The book about Helimed 999 is set in West Midlands. 43% got this correct so it can't have been that hard! Congratulations to the 43%, shame I could not have given all of you a book.

• Like Like x 1
  13. janner

May I be the first to congratulate Wrecks on his well deserved win...............the bastard.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Next time we meet up I'll get you a glass of wine..Chateau du sour grapes is particularly good this year :tongue:

15. Gizzus a lend when you've finished it!

16. janner

It won't happen MG, He's got problems getting his hand in his pockets to by a round, there's no chance of him buying one of those exotic foreign drinks :binky:

17. Your more than welcome to the book MGM, just as long as Janner doesn't get hold of it ;)

18. Gracious Amiego! Not a problem!

19. Received today, cheers A_G.

20. Same here, cheers.