1SL Interview on Andrew Marr Breakfast Programme

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by ctfairway, Feb 15, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Did anyone else see JB's interview on BBC1 this morning? He seems to have had some media coaching as I thought he came across quite well. Much better than when he was asked about the Iranian Boatpeople farce.

He said that 30% of those currently deployed in Stan are RN/RM which will probably surprise Joe Public. Gave a good account of the anti piracy ops and managed to avoid being drawn about RN/RAF inter service warfare wrt the airwing on the new carriers.
  2. Yeah I caught that, was a good interview. Parentals were on hand as well, as a set of civilian middle class, and they were impressed.
  3. It's here if you missed it. Skip to 19 minutes in after the weather.
  4. I thought he handled the interview well but he was a bit too keen to make out everything was coming up daisies.He sidestepped the RN/Crab question but his body language said there was more of a problem than he was prepared to admit.I liked the part where he blamed the Government for starting wars that put a drain on the Defence budget.

5. That's my issue with Bandy, always upbeat and on message.
    He needs to take some tips from Dannat.
  6. I would have liked to have seen him put the crabs back in their place.

But then i'm just a sh*t stirrer :D
  7. or 18 minutes to see the hot weather girl!
  8. Levers_Aligned

Levers_Aligned War Hero Moderator

" ... throughout their ninety years of service ... "

Nice one, Bandy.

9. Noticed the little verbal dagger as well. Nicely put I thought. Good to remind the Light Blue where they belong. Would like to have seen Stirrup/Torpy's reaction.
  10. The video has been removed from iPlayer, anyone have any ideas as to where else I might be able to see it?
  11. It's a bit dangerous to start a thread mentioning '1SL', that's Normans trademark.